Trumpeter 1/32 Ju-87B-2

leoasman

That's a good idea! I wish i had done that on this build! I want to build the Hasegawa G-2 as Rudel's bird and I'll try that. I reread "Stuka Pilot" to get psyched up for this build and have wanted to do his aircraft for a while.

The seam still needed a little tidying up, but no more than a light scrape with a fresh scalpel blade. Thinking about it earlier I remembered I added Milliput on the inside of the wing join hump to add a little strength to the joint and as a backing if some sanding and and more handling was required. I read the Rudel book too. I found it a tough read personally, awed by the guys exploits, less than awed at his politics and unrepentant ways. But thats verging on politics so I leave that there, but that was the first and thus far only time I've had trouble adding the markings to a kit. 

Great work Leo, Don't forget to remove that forward anti-slip pad as Trumpy have added it in just for fun.........

20150616_213550_zpstd0enhlp.jpg

Keep up the good work, looking foward to more updates.

Regards. Andy

Uh oh, I didn't realize. More stuff I wished I knew at the beginning... I hate to be lazy, but it may become part of the rest of the inaccuracies. After all, it will only be me looking at it occasionally in the case! Well, and my wife who will momentarily feign interest for my sake!

• 2 weeks later...

More on this one. It is a big model! Got the construction done and I'm moving on to painting. I got the yellow wing tips done and masked the code letter off. Then I got the first coat of Rlm 65 down. I also borrowed a bomb from my Ju-88 kit and got it painted. I fully recognize that the colors are probably off, but I found some evidence online that showed 500 kg bombs painted field blue with the little yellow stripe. I thought it would look cool and different, so I went for it. I also scratchbuilt or "rebuilt" the cradle.

C4951435-6DBA-428B-A033-C9F7492B2190.jpg

C98025C0-5990-4D87-A258-9D40007195DB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...