Trumpeter 1/32 Ju-87B-2

leoasman

Hey Everyone,

I started work on the Trumpeter Ju-87.  I chose not to use the excellent correction set available and just go for it mostly OOB.  I did use the HGW seatbelts.  Mostly because after finishing the P-40, I was disappointed that I had rushed the cockpit and used homemade masking tape belts that looked kind of crumby...  I also decided to open the little cowl flap on top of the nose to improve the look of that area and I added some basic detail to the inside of the side intake.  Additionally, I picked up an MV lense for the landing light.

Thanks for looking,

Leo

Having trouble with Photobucket...pictures inbound soon...

Coming along nicely!

I still scratch my head every time I look at where they put that seam in the wing. It's not too hard to get rid of, but just seems like an odd place, especially when there's a real seam on both sides of it!

:popcorn:

John

I know, and I'm sure I didn't do something right that led to the gaps, but hopefully I'll be able to get them to disappear without ghost seams appearing later on...

Same issue with the wings on the Hasegawa Stuka. Join at the same place. I usually glue the two top half pieces together to eliminate the seam, then the 2 bottom pieces and eliminate the seam, worry about the correct angles after joining the two halves which I let sit for a day or 3 to let the glue set up and the plastic firm up at the join. 

Same issue with the wings on the Hasegawa Stuka. Join at the same place. I usually glue the two top half pieces together to eliminate the seam, then the 2 bottom pieces and eliminate the seam, worry about the correct angles after joining the two halves which I let sit for a day or 3 to let the glue set up and the plastic firm up at the join.

That's a good idea! I wish i had done that on this build! I want to build the Hasegawa G-2 as Rudel's bird and I'll try that. I reread "Stuka Pilot" to get psyched up for this build and have wanted to do his aircraft for a while. Edited by leoasman