Some Kingfisher questions.

Henry 1951

I have the KH Kingfisher on the way from Sprue Brothers.  I have a question.

On the pre-war ones which have the yellow wings and aluminum fuselage.  Is the interior painted green, aluminum or a clear coat for corrosion control or not painted at all.

Thanks for any help.

Henry

Edited by Hank

Thanks Dana and Growler.  I appreciate the responses.

Now, what to use for the dark dull green.  Online I have seen people recommend ModelMaster Euro Green and Tamiya XF-61.  And the colors are as different as night and day.  The Euro Green I use for my P-47s.  I am thinking of the Tamiya color for the Kingfisher?  Or any other recommendations?  Thanks again.

Edited by Hank

I have the KH Kingfisher on the way from Sprue Brothers.  I have a question.

On the pre-war ones which have the yellow wings and aluminum fuselage.  Is the interior painted green, aluminum or a clear coat for corrosion control or not painted at all.

Henry, I hate to rain on your parade, but unless I'm mistaken, I'm not sure you can build an accurate pre-war plane, at least not one of the battleship-mounted ones, given that the kit includes the later EDO floats and beaching gear, and not the Vought floats & gear (unless, of course, you're going to depict the plane with conventional landing gear). Perhaps Dana can clarify this situation, as I'm unclear at what point the EDO floats came into the picture. IIRC it was after Pearl Harbor when the Navy replaced all the Vought floats (which they disliked as less-robust than the EDO ones).

I'm hoping that either Kitty Hawk or one of you AM resin dudes will rectify the situation, as I'm sure there will be a lot of Yellow Wings builders for this kit.

Edited by Bill Cross

the most compelling ones for me have yellow wings.

Tnarg, I'm sure you're not alone. It's a lot of resin if done solid, but perhaps someone is working on the Vought floats? Volunteers? Gary, it's not in your sweet spot, but what about GT Resin changing gears on this one? :)