Tamiya P-51D The Hun Hunter: 4/27/16: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Kev ... very much appreciated.

Silly me, I should have ordered at least 4 more sets of placards and seatbelts for future builds. Great stuff for sure.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated Anthony. Completely enjoying the Dash 5 Mustang and as of this morning, the fuselage is finally glued up and together - just a ton of internal assemblies to fit but somehow, they do all fall into place.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Stephane

Much appreciated and the placard sets make a huge difference. I'm planning on ordering at least 4 more sets for future projects.

Peter

UPDATE: 12/23/15: THE FRONT OFFICE

For the past few weeks. I've been slowly working on the front office, adding a number of Barracuda cockpit sets, as I've done on all my previous Mustang builds. Some care needed to be taken as the sets are designed for the later D versions and The Hun Hunter is the earliest of the D production versions, especially with the IP, gunsight and seat all being different. The front office after priming with MIG Gray Primer was painted overall Model Air Interior Green, the floor board are black paint over wood, which sits on top of the wing, as the yellow chromate can be seen in the well with the joy stick.

Tamiya painting instructions are inaccurate as to the back radio/ battery area which none is green zinc chromate and the one rib is interior green, The interior fuel cells sit on top of a wood board for some vibration control and then the aluminum structure.

I decided to go with Tamiya's IP as one of the choices is for the Dash 5 version and had to pass up Barracuda's set, as it is meant for the later versions. I also decided to just go with the early seat alone and RB wonderful seatbelt set.

Presently, I'm finishing up the various plumbing and miscellaneous parts for the engine area and then I'll be able to button up the fuselage.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

untitled-6_zpsrhdxelbh.jpg

untitled_zps7wlzbn99.jpg

untitled-8_zpskl2zbcxy.jpg

untitled-9_zpswn5h7rdn.jpg

untitled-11_zpsuqpoqsak.jpg

Looking GOOD Peter! :thumbsup:

Guest Peterpools

Thanks John, very much appreciated

The old 'Stang is finally stating to come together. Right now, I managed to move a bit forward and the fuselage is buttoned up, Merlin installed and working on the plumbing and framing.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Matt

Right with you on being a huge fan of the placards and stencil. For the Mustang, I used Barracuda's decal set. I also have  Peter's sets as well and they are gems as well.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Beautiful work so far Peter. I'd almost say you don't need the book you won in the raffle it looks great you seem to already have it down pat....lol. Not to say the book isn't a nice reference I've used it myself on my last Mustang build.

Cheers,

Brady