Tamiya P-51D The Hun Hunter: 4/27/16: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Oh well, I couldn't hide it forever . Peter if you want I have a set of barracuda tires that I won't be needing for a while. Just send me your address and no one gets hurt.

Cheers

M.

Edited by Martinnfb

Guest Peterpools

Hi Wolf

Much appreciated and for the most part, the entire front offcie is all Barracuda where possible. Unfortunately, Roy's IP is for the later D Mustangs and my build being a Dash 5 is the earliest production run, retaining the IP from the late B&C Mustangs. Just looking for a sweet, enhanced OB build; third Tamiya kit in a row now ... gee, what a great rut to be stuck in.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 12/23/15: THE FRONT OFFICE

For the past few weeks. I've been slowly working on the front office, adding a number of Barracuda cockpit sets, as I've done on all my previous Mustang builds. Some care needed to be taken as the sets are designed for the later D versions and The Hun Hunter is the earliest of the D production versions, especially with the IP, gunsight and seat all being different. The front office after priming with MIG Gray Primer was painted overall Model Air Interior Green, the floor board are black paint over wood, which sits on top of the wing, as the yellow chromate can be seen in the well with the joy stick.

Tamiya painting instructions are inaccurate as to the back radio/ battery area which none is green zinc chromate and the one rib is interior green, The interior fuel cells sit on top of a wood board for some vibration control and then the aluminum structure.

I decided to go with Tamiya's IP as one of the choices is for the Dash 5 version and had to pass up Barracuda's set, as it is meant for the later versions. I also decided to just go with the early seat alone and RB wonderful seatbelt set.

Presently, I'm finishing up the various plumbing and miscellaneous parts for the engine area and then I'll be able to button up the fuselage.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

untitled-6_zpsrhdxelbh.jpg

untitled_zps7wlzbn99.jpg

untitled-8_zpskl2zbcxy.jpg

untitled-9_zpswn5h7rdn.jpg

untitled-11_zpsuqpoqsak.jpg