Aussie Mossie, RNZAF Trainer

Anthony in NZ

Quick photo snapped on my phone.

Looks good under Mr Surfacer and now glued to the lower engine bearer. The side cowls are just 'clicked' in place to test fit.....they are perfect.

IMG_0392_zpsm1t2ybac.jpg

For those of you who looked at my post on Eduard thread yesterday will know why I am not using the side cowls anymore....

Cheers

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Andy

Bit of tweaking and adding the inner exhaust shroud and Eduard cooling intake to the inner cowl. I glued them to the cowl directly to give a nice fit as this engine is all buttoned up.

Just working to see if I can modify the flaps to sit at take-off setting or thereabouts

IMG_0002_zpsieby0gbc.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Thanks Peter, yes I know what you mean with regard the hinges. I am just figuring that out at the moment. Thanks for your confidence! I will see if I can find the original label to the Archer rivets, I am pretty sure it was 1/48 & 1/32 rivets.

Mike, yes hurry up mate!

Thanks Gaz, little more work there than I expected. But pleased also.

Should be another update today

Hello Anthony,

Beautiful work- inspirational stuff to follow!

I have the same kit on the go. In fact I am just unpacking/dry-fitting the brassin engines. I plan to follow a similar path to you with one engine covered and the other one opened.

Have you managed to compare the brassin bulkhead parts with the kit ones yet? They are proportioned quite differently....

Im pretty much convinced that I will have to use either both kit bulkheads or both brassin bulkheads..... Im just trying to work out which ones look the best.

Although your work is proof that anything is possible I'm not sure I have the skill to use the kit part on one side and the brassin part on the other.

Needless to say I am interested to see how you tackle the remaining engine!

Pat

Hi Pat

Firstly welcome to LSP mate!

Funny you should mention the bulkhead issue. I am presently looking at the best way to plumb and run cables through the bomb bay, but I had a quick look a few days ago and thought briefly....'are they different?'

Now you mention it, I will go back and have a more detailed look and report back. Nothing is ever simple is it LOL

Cheers

Anthony

Hey,

Many thanks for the welcome- this place is a great resource so happy to be here!

I had a bit of a play with the parts today- managed to get the bulkheads to fit pretty much spot on simply by removing the location points on the kit parts. The engines look to be a smart addition to an already cracking kit.

Anyhow, I really should try and get my own WIP going... I had a look at photo bucket earlier and got a bit bamboozled by all the ads....

Thanks again and watch this space.

Pat

Hey Pat

Thanks for your fix suggestions! I haven't had much chance over the past couple of days to work on the Mosquito as I have been working on my Auster rebuild. I have the loan of some parts to copy and return and it has been a great help forward in the rebuild. Hopefully back on the plastic again soon!

Great to have you here buddy and look forward to a WIP when you PB sorted

Keep on me with this build and jump in where you think I need redirection. I am always up for constructive criticism, its how we learn!

Cheers

Anthony

I think I see my problem in my past attempts of modeling.....I'm buying the cheaper (and smaller scale) kits.  I guess I get what I pay for and that makes for more work (unnecessarily) 

Your build is amazing, I await more progress on this beauty  :popcorn:

Thanks Dan!

I agree that having a great kit to start with makes the world of difference. Buy a Big Tamiya one and enjoy the ride. I know they are expensive, but for the many many hours of fun and satisfaction you get from them it is well worth it.

Although the guys on here who scratchbuild and do Vac's must get another level out of it!

No real progress this past week, I have been woodworking on my plane.

Cheers

Anthony

LOL, yes Barney, the 1:1 T.7 Auster!

Funny how I often think of you and Oliver (Shark 64) when I post something on a model project that is not the 32nd Auster or my BK-117.

Its nice to see you keeping pricking my conscience and keeping me honest!

Nice to hear from you buddy, one day I will make a start on it

Cheers

Anthony