Aussie Mossie, RNZAF Trainer

Anthony in NZ

Hi guys....thanks a lot!

Peter that's a real compliment coming from a master like yourself!

Yep, c'mon Mike get back to that Mossie. However I am really enjoying your DH.9 a LOT!

I realized looking at my photos that I forgot to add a couple of silver decal strips for the hose clamps. Will get that done.

Cheers

Anthony

Good to see you're back Anthony, I must say i did doze off in my chair patiently waiting and the snooze was worth it, lookin REAL good so far, I am keeping this thread close for when I get on mine.... glad you are back..

Jeff

He's baaaaaaccckkkk...............

Way to go Anthony! One of us has to be back on their Mossie. I got interrupted by a Camel, LOL. That and I got frustrated with trying to fit Tamiya's saxophone exhaust to Eduard's Merlin. Why Eduard didn't give us that option as well I don't know?

For now I'll see if I can't finish somethin' so I'll continue on with my humpty back stick and wire build.

Cheers,

Wolf

Hey Wolf! Thanks for dropping in ole chap

Yes, I get interrupted with a couple of builds on the go at the same time too mate.

LOL, one of us had to pick up the Mosquito Baton and start running again. Got some more done again today. Laid the green down in the cockpit and bomb bay so I can start some plumbing and cable runs, which terrifies me!

Cheers and keep us posted on the Camel

Anthony

This is coming along beautifully Anthony and I am so glad to see that the kit includes the Vokes tropical filter intakes,..... most Mossie kits miss these out. All British built T.3`s were fitted with these intakes plus Sea Mossies and of course other Mossies serving overseas,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Kev!

Jeff, sorry it took so long mate, hope the lawns aren't too high, LOL Thanks

Mike, sometimes its the simple things we overlook....glad I am not the only one!

Cheers

Anthony

The lawn is 2 feet deep and my beard is to the floor....... BUT I am excited to see how this comes together, it is a very cool project, and a change from the full war weary birds that that the huge talents here have graced this forum with, all of which are excellent exhibits , but this is a little different.....and is very interesting....all great stuff.......

Thanks again chaps!

Tony, you are correct mate, so many of these Mossies had tropical intakes. I pushed and pushed Tamiya to include these in their kit (with the fuel cooler). They then asked for detailed photos and measurements, which I was then able to provide. So I was so happy when they told me they would be including them in the kit, I felt I have to build mine with them fitted, Lol!

Jeff, you make me laugh mate!

Phil, thanks for following along. I understand the Tempest taking you away, its a lovely kit!

Carl, thanks for the tip on the foil mate! I have some there and will use it....thanks.

Shane, thank you very much! I am sure your Dad would have worked on this airframe. Aussie built machines interest me for some reason. Does/did he have any photos or info? I know Glyn Powell is struggling with how the trim wheel was fitted on the stbd cockpit side on the trainers.

Hopefully will have another update in the coming days.

Thanks again guys

Anthony

• 3 weeks later...

Well now that Camerons Spitfire is finished and in the cabinet, I finally got to work on this again.

I needed to modify the lower cowl and carb intake in a couple of places. I drilled the hole in the front corner for the breather pipe and removed the lower lip on the intake mouth as there are a couple of variations on how the mesh guard attaches. For some reason I could not get a good join with the front and rear intake parts without loosing some raised rivet detail, others have so I am not sure what I did there?? Anyway, no problem, thats why we have Archer rivets!

I then added the 4 'pins' to mount the mesh guard on.

IMG_0371_zpsxmg5shlm.jpg

Ready to prime now and see what needs tidying up.

Nice to be back on this again