thewizardofaz

1/32 F-15E wheels and tires

I don't know how many of you know (probably a lot) that the wheels and tires on the F-15E and F-15I are larger than those on the rest of the F-15 family. The load they carry is much heavier than that of the Air to Air versions.   I am collecting parts and kits to build the F-15I and was looking for the wheel/tire combo to use.  I found a guy in Ukraine with a company called Northstar. Took forever to get them here.  So, my question is, are you possibly considering a US made resin set for that purpose?

We are doing F-15 A & C wheels and tires, but not planning on the E because Northstar's are very nice, and their service very good. How long did it take? A month is what mine took about a year ago.

They were actually much faster than I expected, about 3 weeks IIRC.  What has me anxious now is not a plane, but a Patriot missile system. Dragon has a set with the missile launch vehicle and the truck. I've had one on back/pre-order since June. They keep pushing deliveries back, now to January.  So the Dragon kit doesn't have the radar vehicle but wait...Trumpeter is bringing out a Patriot model that includes the launch vehicle and the radar.  Looks like I'll have to buy that to get a whole 1/35 system.  Ugh....what we modelers put up with eh? :)   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours and everyone here on the forum.

We are doing F-15 A & C wheels and tires, but not planning on the E because Northstar's are very nice, and their service very good. How long did it take? A month is what mine took about a year ago.

I would need 3 pair of wheels... when will they be ready?

Merry Christmas

Are you referring to fitting C wheels later to A's still in service in the 90's? If that is not what you mean please elaborate?

Hi Gary, sorry for the delay... concerning the F-15 I mean C-early and C-late type wheels...

Early:

F-15A_011.JPG

Late:

f-15c_80-0035_41_of_41.jpg

Count me in for 3 sets (late type) for Tamiya kit... looking forward to grab them very soon!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Luca

Hi Gary, sorry for the delay... concerning the F-15 I mean C-early and C-late type wheels...

Early:

F-15A_011.JPG

Late:

f-15c_80-0035_41_of_41.jpg

Count me in for 3 sets (late type) for Tamiya kit... looking forward to grab them very soon!

:thumbsup:[/quote

Your top picture are A/B wheels. They are not as strong and slightly narrower than the C wheels in the bottom picture. A/B wheels were never fitted to C/D Eagles, but some A/B's were updated with the C/D wheels at MSIP.

But yes we are doing both wheels with a selection of tire brands, including the Mudhen models. We will have Versions to fit Revell and Tamiya kits.