1/32 Revell Spitfre IIa

ZachP319

This is the new Revell kit completed with the Barracudacast resin update set for the oil cooler radiator  and ailerons, I also used a Quickboost Spitfire seat to spruce up the interior, quickboost exhausts and EagleCals decals to do William Dunn's Eagle Squadron Mount. I tried to make the spinner look more appropriate but it still leaves something to be desired. I had fun with this build despite the kits known issues. 

Forgive the red crowbar. It's personal taste......

IMG_0739_zpsmn98xiab.jpg

IMG_0740_zpsqnokagln.jpg

IMG_0743_zpsxhdndv7b.jpg

IMG_0746_zpskzwepzco.jpg

IMG_0751_zpsw5dx9kyn.jpg

IMG_0747_zpsxr3ukbzc.jpg

Zach 

Guest Peterpools

Zach

Very nicely done and with the Am sets and parts, your Spit really looks the part. Terrific cammo.

Still has to be one of the best bargain available.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Right my lad , first up not a bad looking Spitfire , the paint and finish look spot on :goodjob: But :-  ok .the crow bar is Red but that's your choice.

Now then , pay attention , When Spitfire flaps are in the down position the small covers on top of the wing should be open :mental: also the aftermarket parts look much better

but why oh why didn't you replace the wheels ? these are the biggest howler of all with this kit . . :frantic:

Well you're not wrong on the flaps for sure but I got lazy with that detail and if you want to be totally strict Spits were rarely parked flaps down. I thought I read that pilots were fined for doing so.

As to wheels this was simply fhat my budget for this project was tapped seeing and we have our first baby arriving shortly and I decided to live with me....

Zach