Kitty Hawk Models OS2U Kingfisher *COMPLETE*

Out2gtcha

I wise you luck,

I think there is someone correct for everyone........ I've been married 5 times. the one before the "Jewel" I have now was running with someone else while we were married. still cost me 1/2 million dollars to get rid of her.  the one I have now is an "Angel". loves modeling(she does figures & 1/25, 1/24 model cars.) paints all my figures for our Train layout. also loves fishing, shooting sports, fast muscle cars(we have a couple).

never give up. took me 5 times to get it correct.

Glen

I wise you luck,

I think there is someone correct for everyone........ I've been married 5 times. the one before the "Jewel" I have now was running with someone else while we were married. still cost me 1/2 million dollars to get rid of her.  the one I have now is an "Angel". loves modeling(she does figures & 1/25, 1/24 model cars.) paints all my figures for our Train layout. also loves fishing, shooting sports, fast muscle cars(we have a couple).

Glen

Wow Glen I feel pretty good about having to put up with her living with me free till Spring or Summer, and up to this point only having to shell out $300 USD for a PS4 for Christmas for her and her daughter.

I still do care about her, and not sure what kind of gifts her daughter will get if I dont get her anything, and even though shes 20, still deserves something for Christmas I believe. 

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

Progress to continue on the OS2U tonight! 

My kingfisher is on its way  :m0152:      A buddy that post's here told me he has FOUR  on the way :mental:

You have a big heart Brian. Hope it all work's out soon and for the better for you. You show a lot of folks here that you are a Genuine sincere guy. Just don't like nice guy's being taken advantage of. 

Cheers

Now back to are normally scheduled program 

Looking great Brian and I can't wait for more updates.

I never would have considered getting a kit of this plane in the past, but the way KittyHawk have laid out this kit has me really reconsidering that position.

Keep up the good work (and best wishes with the relationship stuff)

Chuck

Brian,

I love your builds, no BS , just creativity in progress. This one is no different, very motivational and fun. I am sorry about the personal issue that you are going through right now. Few years back I had similar problem and somebody told me few words I shall never forget : " remember Martin, parasite always kills the host."

Stay strong.

M.

Chuck, Martin, Nige, thanks very much for stopping in on me, and taking the time to post. I really appreciate the posts, and the kind words, as it really does help keep me motivated! 

Nige, you just scared the H E L L out of me!    Ive been down this dark rabbit hole prior with this same girl, and when talks of "change" happened, I thought that it was fact, but really the only thing that changed, was that this time, the break up sentiment was mutual.   There are a LOT of LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG months ahead to possibly throw some wrenches into that works, but Im hoping we can at least remain civil to each other.

I still need to spring for a console video game system, as I think it might help keep them both occupied; and to tell the truth, even though the kid is 20, she still deserves something cool for Christmas, and Im not sure how much if anything shell get if I dont.    

Onto some Kingfisher progress (such as it is)

After wrecking a few aerial frames on some armor kits I began either cutting the sprue holding the little pieces out of the larger sprue or waiting until I had removed all the other needed parts. It's all about releasing the tension carefully - kind of like when you torque down a piston head to prevent it from warping by alternating bolts.

Sorry about the relationship - been with the same woman 25 years now so I have no advice. Either I got lucky or I did a good job vetting her before popping the question.

I wise you luck,

Glen

Five!?

I salute you, sir - you deserve some sort of medal.

Brian, nice job on that model!! I am sure about the outcome!!

As for the GF issue...(man every woman around the world is the same!!!) i am with Martin....''....parasite always kills the host.''

You are a very kind person but some people, confuse kindness with foolishness.

Wish luck with it, just be careful!!

John

Indeed guys!   Im not sure if that stuff should comfort me, or scare the living bloody hell out of me...............

Not a TON done this weekend, as I was on-call all weekend, and had fun Christmas stuff to shop around for, and a ton of money to throw out.  Yay!   But I ALSO took care of some fun stuff, like getting to get some cool stuff for the LSP raffle, to keep my favorite hobby, and my favorite web site with my favorite people up and thriving!

:lol:

Onto the fisher then..........

As was noted, not a ton of super interesting progress, but some major steps, I started assembling the other major parts of the air-frame, as I had to let certain stuff dry, and attend to the above stuff. The basic assembly did include the wings, horizontal stabs, rudder, elevators, flaps, and ailerons.

Here are the wings in progress being assembled with some Tamiya extra thin cement.  I attempted to get some shots of what the fit on the wings looks like, but my smart phone camera really wasnt up to the task..............

However, suffice it to say, the fit of the wing halves was EXCELLENT!  I mean really good:

2015-12-11%2022.35.43.jpg

2015-12-11%2022.36.00.jpg

2015-12-11%2022.36.17.jpg

I also did some assembly on the rest of the control surfaces, and this now should all be dry. While that was drying, I also got a start on detailing the OOB engine........................have I mentioned this thing is REAL nice?   Well, its REAL nice................the engine IS however a bit fiddly, as the push rod covers, intake pipes, and the like are all separate parts, but if you do not intend on opening up the cowl, some of this is extraneous, and will really NOT be seen in the end, as there is a baffle plate behind the cylinders that cuts off ALL view to the engine parts behind the cylinders.

Engine is now mostly done, but still in progress here:

2015-12-11%2023.51.08.jpg

The much talked about attachment system KHM used on the wings is now all assembled. The fit on this was good, but needed some cleaning up of the square holes on the fuse. Once the little box that goes in the wings was centered and had dried, I did a dry fit of the wings to fuselage.

Fit here was GREAT, and needed absolutely nothing to hold it in almost perfect position:

2015-12-12%2008.51.44.jpg

2015-12-12%2008.51.51.jpg

I then took and dry fit the fuselage halves with the wings and main float.  This ALL was able to be held together with two fingers, if that gives you any idea about overall fit:

2015-12-12%2008.47.19.jpg

2015-12-12%2008.47.36.jpg

2015-12-12%2008.47.50.jpg

2015-12-12%2008.49.38.jpg

Ill hopefully be making more progress this wee/weekend, but with the tensions at home, things are slower on this than Id like.   More to come, and cheers!