I/32nd I.D Vacform RAAF Canberra B.20

Piprm

Rudder Pedals Progress  ...

Though out of sequence ( construction-wise)  - for a myriad of reasons, in the following line of photos ....we now move to the centre rudder bar section....

3v8sWZx.jpg

This centre section Rudder bar is an intricate piece to make and also will be a challenge to copy in resin! 

BUT,  Once I've finished the piece ready for copying .... I've figured out how to copy it in the meantime ... wait for it.... in a 1 piece mold!

Details will be shown at that future time

7QBGM7F.png?1

The Photo above ....

The vertical rods are there for 2 practical reasons...

1/.   to help hold the piece for me to work on and 

2/.  are the basis for the pins of the connection points of the structure 

I simply cut them down ( started above) to look like the pins featured on the left-side  structure of the piece....

19X1X5o.png?1

Those rascally Side-bars are finally in place though need to be bent upwards at the front to connect to the (yet to be made) pilots foot-pedals /stands.

Now a look ( under magnification) of the partially completed piece ....

LEXlKlL.png

bJj5T1C.png?1

Well.. it's starting to look the part...  Me thinks!  :wacko:

Pip

Edited by Piprm

On 2/11/2020 at 3:24 AM, Troy Molitor said:

Great efforts going on here.

Troy 

On 2/14/2020 at 6:12 PM, brahman104 said:

Wow Pip! It's been a while since I've been able to check in on your build, but wow! Your work, especially on the pedals is exceptional! This is going to be quite something when it's all said and done ;)

Craig

23 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Wonderful.  Bravo, Brother!

Sincerely,

Mark

20 hours ago, CJP said:

Fabulous bit of model engineering there

CJP

Thanks Muchly Guys!

The funny thing was, when I got it to this partially completed stage - as above ( without the pedals in the front as yet) .....as I fiddled with the thing, to my surprise -  the structure did move at the  joints!

.. it actually does move like the original,   except in miniature!

I only moved it a little and decided not to play with it as it gave me no end of trouble building the 'THING' ....and getting it to this stage .. so the last thing I need after all that effort, is to break it ( again) and start all over! ..and burn up another month or two.... No Thanks!  ( Though, I suppose I know the sequence of building it now)

Pip

Edited by Piprm

• 4 months later...

UPDATE:

Hi Guys,

...for those following this thread project - I've had to hit the pause button for now, as my mum has been the centre of trouble for me - on every level  94 years old falling down - breaking her Femer - going to hospital - rehab- nursing homes- dealing with Government buearocracies - less than supportive nursing home management- Coroner virus lock-downs, chasing parts for my Muscle-Car project ..... and so it goes on. I have been in the centre of this storm since Christmas ... being the power of attorney for mums affairs .. dealing with all this and working as well,  does burn up all of my free model-time. 

I hope to restart this soon.. so please be understanding.

Happy CV-19 ( 2020)

Pip

Edited by Piprm

Hey mate  went through some of that with my mum a few years ago when she was alive so know how time consuming it all is - there is light at the end of the tunnel - your magnificent Canberra will be ok on pause for a while - full size muscle car or model?

CJP

On 6/28/2020 at 1:09 PM, Troy Molitor said:

Take care of mum Pip.  Your epic Canberra can wait a bit longer for you.  What’s the muscle car type?  You had to mention it first.  

Thanks Troy,

It's a personal project that's been going on for the last 2 years... maybe half-way through at this point in time ( I hope).... It's an Aussie Ford V8 Called the Falcon GTHO Phase IV - For those of you who don't know it ( from  O/S )  It's got the Ford Mustang Boss 351 V8  engine in it... and can do 150 Mp/h or 240 Km/h

On 6/28/2020 at 5:38 PM, Landrotten Highlander said:

wot 'e said, family comes first - the hobby is just that, a hobby

Thanks Mate , Yep - you're right! 

23 hours ago, CJP said:

Hey mate  went through some of that with my mum a few years ago when she was alive so know how time consuming it all is - there is light at the end of the tunnel - your magnificent Canberra will be ok on pause for a while - full size muscle car or model?

CJP

It's a real car  - yes... a car that I have always been wanting since the 1970's... so now as my future retirement 'toy' ... ( Yes another model toy-though a lot bigger and louder)  I thought I can live the dream .. though it's a restoration project to virtually a new car again, build exactly to the way I want it.

Right now, I'm enjoying chasing parts for it and doing the research... the thrill of the hunt - they say.

But the Canberra is always calling me....

Pip

Edited by Piprm

1 hour ago, Piprm said:

It's a real car  - yes... a car that I have always been wanting since the 1970's... so now as a retirement 'toy' ... ( Yes another model toy-though a lot bigger and louder)  I thought I would live the dream .. though it's a restoration project to virtually a new car again, build exactly as to the way I want it.

Right now, I enjoying chasing parts for it and doing the research... the thrill of the hunt - they say.

But the Canberra is always calling me....

Pip

GTHO what a classic