I/32nd I.D Vacform RAAF Canberra B.20

Piprm

Now ... to the Biggest problem of the whole thread....and the highest mountain the climb.....  

The Cockpit !!!             giphy.gif

..................... (Evil Laugh)

Now a study of subject:....

3EpCY6c.jpg?2

dROD9mL.png?1

Cockpit 'tub' broken down to basic shell....

4894Lmz.jpg?1

qadBKnc.jpg?1

(Piece of cake .. Right????)   :crying: 

My basic 'Concept' of the cockpit, (at this stage - at least...) is to make or master the following parts ...

* 2 piece 'clam-shell' inner-cockpit walls  (detailed to some degree)

* 2 piece flooring - maybe 3 (detailed)

* rear bulk-head (detailed)

* cockpit hatch (detailed)

* main component fittings (main boxed control switches [not all] ) , 2 seats [Done] , front/rear flight instrument consoles, flight-control column, main divider-compartment panels.... (detailed where *applicable)  * meaning : 'where seen'.

​Note:   I intend to leave some finishing and building of minor cockpit accessories to the modeller, when I release these in a resin accessory set later on. 

If the modeller only builds major-parts of cockpit i supply in resin and no further super-detailing done - it still will be enough to show a convincing / presentable cockpit.

The super-modellers can super-detail the cockpit sets I can supply - to their hearts desire!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is study of 1/48th scale build I found on internet.. these show the basic or main components I am talking about..... (please ignore the photo-etch)

but it gives you an idea of what i am shooting for... (though the side-fuselage walls will have more detail and separate pieces)  seats will be included and so - forth...

u4sQlds.jpg

aXOEfTv.jpg

igMOTW3.png?1

Another 1/48th build..... as you can see above - paint it all BLACK  ..  then close /button - up the fuselage ... and its all gone into a deep black hole...

Edited by Piprm

(Oh Boy... call me Brave and/or Stupid .. I don't know...  But here goes nothin'! )

Now a study of the cockpit layout : (Drawings and photos)

Starting from Rear compartment :  (Navigator)

​                                                     nNXcltF.png    

fjsl8jP.jpg?1

XC6jYIl.jpg?1

Comparison Photo....

yFh0hi8.jpg?1              RFMivAE.png?2

1Tbh9sP.jpg?2    TgDUbJc.png?1

6rUX4aZ.png?1   uSODLNm.png?1

jik57VO.png?1         oUdK6fn.png?1

JVIEAyT.png?1                nkTXWOF.jpg?1

ttJ1VjD.jpg?1                    v2oiY9W.jpg?1   

..... (looks easy - Don't it?)    :mental: 

Edited by Piprm

Now... Study of Pilots Cockpit Section:  (Drawings and photos)

HMoX7gs.png

unpAzXD.jpg?1        cEHXnHv.jpg?1    

8Ep86Sh.jpg?1      7CUKaAG.jpg?2

Comparison Photos:

Jj1gFHG.jpg?1             1BbNDIN.jpg?1          HEduYhD.png?1           34YbcNc.png?1                                   mmF6SvY.jpg?1           3S889Yt.jpg?1

pWhRWyj.png?1             pejqXVA.png?1

jKNG0cg.png                                           Ky3ZB5b.png?1

(Ahh Yes ! ... Getting Easier all the time!)   :frantic: 

Edited by Piprm

Study of Front Bombardier's compartment: (Drawings and photos)

CkrRN5k.png

iPOTBDN.jpg?1

YKKiCEL.jpg?1                   

lu2x67f.png?1                         

.......Give me an hour... i'll get it done!   :rolleyes:   "Easy - Peazy"

Edited by Piprm

Fantastic imagery.  This is the  F U N  part!

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark,

... No Truer word said!  (That's why i kept pushing it back and back - now is last major thing to do!)

Pip

Edited by Piprm

Highly impressive! Never seen before a detailed inner study like this! Wow!

Great!!!

Hi Tiberio,

Yes, thanks... i guess you can now see the complexity of the work stations/ and the inner structures and over-all, what challenges lay ahead for me!

Wish me luck - i will need it!

Pip

Edited by Piprm

Great refs, and you are doing this justice. Funny, I always thought this was a one man aircraft....Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harv, 

no, she's a Big Beautiful Beast... (ready to Bight me)  :blink:

Pip

Edited by Piprm

Hi Tiberio,

Yes, thanks... i guess you can now see the complexity of the work stations/ and the inner structures and over-all, what challenges lay ahead for me!

Wish me luck - i will need it!

Pip

Hi Pip.

You are making an excellent work, also considering the trouble of the vacuform base, a real hard challenge! Good luck!

I'm following your very skilled and interesting work.

Cheers

Tib☺

Great effort on the surgery Pip! That's pretty hardcore when it comes down to plastic welding. This thing has gotta be strong as an ox with all that reinforcing :)

Craig

Hi Craig,

Yeah thanx Matie..  and Yes, it is as strong as an Ox... just ask  LSP 'Guyman1' (he's handled it)

Pip

Edited by Piprm