I/32nd I.D Vacform RAAF Canberra B.20

Piprm

Thanks Thor,

Common, where's  this Boomerang of yours?

They all make a come back - don't they?

Phil

Ah Phil, I have not touched the Boomerang lately, as I have a few ahead of it in the line I need to finish first...Kitty Hawk's T-28, a Blue Angels Hellcat, and a 48th CH-53E...Then she will be back on the bench. But what you say is true, they ALWAYS come back around, one way or another.

Wanna hear something nuts? I am actually contemplating soldering the fuselage frame and engine mount from brass wire. I have decided that, although I am not sick, I am not well.....

Keep the updates coming....

Later-

THOR    :ninja:

Wanna hear something nuts? I am actually contemplating soldering the fuselage frame and engine mount from brass wire. I have decided that, although I am not sick, I am not well.....

Keep the updates coming....

Later-

THOR    :ninja:

Not as nutty as my clear version Boomerang with full-internals with probably similar metal framing, wiring.... all the guts and gizmoes!   :wacko:

Nope... sounds perfectly good to me... anything goes with this sort of project of yours...and it will make for one solid Boomerang!

Phil

Edited by Piprm

• 3 months later...

Tanks for the memories: (Continued)

I am Soo-o glad I decided to do a screw-mount attachment to the Wing-tip tanks, as this has made re-shaping them a hell of a lot easier!

(If i didn't, I would have had to pry them off with a bit of damage to the tip of the wings as a result)

iB8QvUP.jpg

5y4L0d7.jpg

DeiG8WZ.jpg

wn6nN3n.jpg

IxEChEu.jpg

...Sorry Shorty, Ya gotta go!

ryI3aD8.png

CCwa5T0.jpg

Edited by Piprm

Workshop update:

Whilst recuperating from a recent dire sickness, I have time to think about my upcoming needs in equipment for the tricky tasks ahead.

My current hobby tools are rudimentary - to say the least!... and to do accurate parts with what skills I have - I think, is pushing it a bit!

So, I decided to order some precision gear to help me in this process, and the shipment has finally arrived on my doorstep!

It is needless to say... if you want accurate parts for the project, then you need precision tools to make them!

ESKZSEh.jpg

4jKTh6a.jpg

RDhoIZo.jpg

CQREwlj.png

...and this is what my new lathe will look like when installed and plugged in!

R18yhNo.jpg

After-Market accessory precision cutting tools for my new lathe....

BEMaz5b.jpg

...and the workshop benches to go with it...

Edited by Piprm

Yeah, Thanx muchly Kev!

I thought I'd put my downtime in recovery to positive effect .... by getting other things sorted and new things obtained, as my needs seem to be growing, as this project progresses.

I still need a resin vacuum chamber and other accessories but they will come as needed.

But, still... it's nice to have new toys to play with!

Phil

Edited by Piprm

Great fix of an annoying issue!

Regards

- dutik

Thanks Dutik,

I don't know if Tigger will fix the molds or not,on this one, as it is an obvious incorrect sized part and major part on the kit to boot!

Nice correction.

CQREwlj.png

Gotta name?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, it's called Seig Lathe - Model M1

Internet reviews gives it a very good thumbs up!

The contemporary Seig Lathes C2-C3's are good too! (pretty much the same as M1 model, except for the drilling piece.(demos of these are on Youtube)

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Piprm