Bf 110D of II./NJG3 (1/32 Dragon) *FINISHED!*

mywifehatesmodels

I finally wrapped up my other loose end project, this morning. So, now I can start the plane that I've been absolutely obsessed with, over the last few months! :yahoo:

I'm hoping to turn this:

20151013_142309_zpskmk46tie.jpg

Into THIS:

Me110C1-NJG3-Schleswig%20ONE%20CROPPED_z

I still need to clean up from my last project, but hope to get started on this in the next day or two. Wish me luck!

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

Ron,

I know that Brett Green posted a list of revisions to the instructions. With that, plus even more information gathered from the builds here, I think I'll be well armed going into this. In fact, I'm going to post some helpful links, right here, just so I know where to find it again. I'll start with yours, Ron! http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=28875&hl=dragon

And a couple others:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=38080

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=38381&page=6

Now, I've already painted the exterior of this plane.....a thousand times....in my mind! But, I won't be able to start there, of course. The first thing on my mind is what I'm going to do for detail in the cockpit, being that it's going to be open and it's just so visible through that greenhouse, to begin with. So, with that in mind, I'm thinking of possible adding some extra wiring, etc.(Right now, Alain is saying, "Yes. Yes, you should do that.") :D  I've been looking at photos and it seems that the right sidewall, specifically by the pilot, would have all sorts of wire harnesses running through it and the kit doesn't seem to have that much (though it is represented, somewhat). However, I don't know how much different it would be between the earlier variants and the G model, which I believe most of the available pictures to be from. :hmmm: In any case, I want to do what I can to liven it up a little. Apart from that, I have the Eduard Zoom set for a few additional enhancements in the pit. We'll see what else I can come up with as things progress.

Thanks again, everyone!

John

Just be real careful when building the wheel wells, the roofs of the well arent interchangeable and are side specific, ask me how I know! also, those little parts you fit to the sides of the inner wells, when adding those I'd have the floor taped to the wing piece to ensure they butt right up to the roof of the well, that way you can very carefully insert the landing gear after painting instead of during the build. I've got another in the stash to build at some point. Some others have had problems with fit when adding the part that fits over the top of the built up cockpit, I had a nightmare with it on the 1/48th version I built a while back but with the 1/32 one, no problems at all, just dropped in and didnt stand proud of the cockpit sill at all. Just as is usual with Dragon kits, the instructions arent up to much. 

It is a good kit, the instructions are crap though. Be sure to look it up on line as they only give you about half the info you need on parts placement in the instructions.

ITs a Dragon kit, by law the instructions MUST be crap.

Ive said it many times, I would pay someone handsomely to redraw the circa 30 odd Dragon/Cyber Hobby kits in my stash in the style of Tamiya. Major letdown with their kits....others say its fine, I must be wired differently. 

I am really looking forward to this one John. The E that I did was one of my most enjoyable builds so far. Great kit overall. You already know about the instruction issues so no worries there. I don't know if you are familiar with Ralph Riese, but he did one over on Hyperscale a few years ago that was fantastic. Definitely worth a look. I am sure your results will be excellent as usual.

Jay

I am really looking forward to this one John. The E that I did was one of my most enjoyable builds so far. Great kit overall. You already know about the instruction issues so no worries there. I don't know if you are familiar with Ralph Riese, but he did one over on Hyperscale a few years ago that was fantastic. Definitely worth a look. I am sure your results will be excellent as usual.

Jay

Thanks, Jay.

I'm very familiar with Ralph's work and especially the Nachtjager that he did. If mine turns out even close to that nice, I will be thrilled.

I'm still trying to clean up my shop after the 1/48 PZL Karas I just finished, but I had another wrench thrown into my plans. My wife hit a deer last night, so I've been playing phone tag with our insurance company today. She's taking it into the body shop today and we'll probably leave it there, so I will have to go pick her up from work and she'll be using my vehicle until her's is fixed. Thankfully, nobody was hurt (except the deer) and the damage could have been a lot worse. In any case, I'll be cleaning things up today/tonight and hope to get started on this as soon as possible.

John