Out2gtcha

Thanks ladies! 

Well its all actually coming together now people.    *knocks on wood 3 times*

Gloss coat applied, decals applied and final gloss coat to seal the decals in applied. Cowl masking removed, exhaust masking removed and that area touched up w/foil added and most importantly interior masking removed and edges painted flat black.  Brakes and hoses/connections painted, rear inspection window tinted and the fly wheel with prop hub now glued on as well. The spinner is not the actual spinner that will be used in the end, but part of the 2nd engine and prop sent to me by Icaerodesign that I used to adjust and glue on the prob hub/fly wheel. 

Things are moving along now........I almost forgot what the interior of this thing looked like:

20180729_135315

20180729_135309

20180729_135324

I washed out/brightened up some of the interior shots so they would be visible, as my Galaxy's camera is not functioning 100%, and I don't have the correct lens for my DSLR atm (I also just realized I forgot to touch-up the seat too) :

20180729_135336

20180729_135356

20180729_135412

MORE............................

3 hours ago, Lothar said:

Jaw dropping and speechless :bow:

Lothar

3 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Wow, that really is superb, hats off to you for pulling it round more than once.

Lothar, Andy thanks for the kind words mates. I've got just two days and a few hours to get this one knocked out before Phoenix. I now have the wheels and wheel pants on, ailerons on, and rudder, as well as having a good start on the spring setup for the tail wheel too. 

Really the only hard parts left are the wing tip attitude indicators, and mainly the aileron actuators and their counterbalancers. The canopy is not perfect, but is fitted and pretty much ready to have its retaining strap attached once glued on, but the canopy will be the very VERY last thing I attach as I would most definitely break the delicate hinges if I put it on now.

At lunch today Im hoping to get the tail wheel spring set up knocked out, then I can glue on the elevators and Ill be ready to start work on the aileron actuators and counterbalenceres.

On an associated note, I completely ran out of the Subaru blue, so will have to sub in some metallic blue in enamel that I found to paint the flying surface of the counterbalncer that is supposed to be blue as well. Its not a 100% perfect match, but close enough for the underside, and since I am painting the actual actuator itself aluminum, the two blues wont be touching each other so Im hoping even though its not a perfect match that it will be close enough and you wont be able to tell.  

Thanks gents! Yes this one will be tight but Im still of the opinion that I can make it. Thanks Sean, Im hoping that its attractiveness and "eyecatchieness" will draw some attention to the little guy Sean. 

It sure does catch my eye every SINGLE time I walk in the model room, even as small as it is...............its like a bomb pop for your eyes. 

2 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Tamiya just released Mica Blue  in their lacquer line which is what they recommend for their Subaru rally car kits. It was previously only available in sprau cans from them. 

Maybe that would be a closer match?

Carl

Thanks Carl, I will head up to hobby town after work today to see if they have some. 

Thanks gents.................its now 12:05 AM Wednesday August 1st.......................THE DAY I LEAVE FOR PHOENIX!

Stand by, as the good news is I have two more things to do on the Extra 330 SC and its DONE! 

I always did utilize the 11th hour.....................

Ok I leave for the IPMS US Nationals in about 10 hours and after all the hardships with this model, and all the times I nearly stomped on it, the pervasive amount of work I have put in on this model over the past year or two has paid off, and Im calling this one DONE ladies. Its far FAR from perfect but Im very pleased with how it came out, as regardless if it wins any awards in Phoenix, it will be an eye catcher on the table:

20180801_005635

20180801_005648

Ill post an official RFI once Im back from the NATs. Im off to finish packing my stuff and the models!  Cheers till your older!