Out2gtcha

Brian, Carl, Shawn thanks for looking in on me...................

THIS one is going to be down to the wire again. Same thing happened to my Fokker D.VII last Nationals. However, Im so far, more pleased with the current progress on the Extra, I just am still not 100% confident I can get all the stuff done I want/need to get done before the deadline of leaving for the Nationals next Wednesday. 

The paint job has proven to be the biggest obstacle to overcome by far. Its seemingly never ending touch-ups, but I am actually making some headway. Tonight Im applying the white touch-ups, then getting ready to hopefully do the final touching up of any of the 3 colors so I can color sand then clear things. 

Im still worried a bit about my ham-fists though, as the finish is quite delicate (as pristine glossy finishes sometimes are) and I have bumped and bashed the little guy several times now during the massive amounts of masking this thing has needed, with still more to come. 

If I can JUST get the paint done, and a clear on, I think I can make the deadline, but that still remains to be 100% seen. 

More work to proceed today, and I took tomorrow off from work solely to work on the little Extra.   TO THE BENCH! 

Bri - this is an epic build by ANY measure!  I say leave off the boring bits like the pitot, and you know, other stuff no one pays any attention to....like wheels.  You don't even need those in the air anyway.  The judges will of course, be obliged to agree, give you the hugest trophy you've ever seen (possibly filled with beer and beautiful women...possibly puppies too).  Anyway, the point is - you're SLAYING this thing!  Like if He-Man held aloft his magic sword, and pointed it at this kit, it wouldn't look even half this amazing!

Thanks for taking us along on your journey!  :)

"Other-Bri"

(Bri - The Next Generation?)

(Bri²?)

(Bri-The Reckoning??)

Brian, Martin thanks gents!

Well it was furious FULL WEEK of touchups. Because of the small size of the model, and the 3 colors used, and the complex scheme with tons of points that needed sharpening, overspray, bleeding and ect, ect, this was is the toughest paint scheme Ive ever applied to a model. Then throw in the fact that I cant hide ANYTHING with weathering or a dull coat things got pretty chippy quickly.

However, Im still chin deep in this thing trying to complete it for the Nationals (Im getting hopeful now, maybe wrongly so) I have had no time for pics. BUT, this morning before I start the clear, I have actually finished the paint scheme; or finished it as much as its going to get finished, so I stopped and snapped a few pics of where Im at. 

Now that the paint scheme is basically done, Im going to finish/color sand the scheme overall  with 12,000 grit polishing clothes, then will apply the clear today. Once 3 or 4 hours pass and the clear is hardened off, I will apply the decals and hopefully an overcoat of gloss again to seal in the deals.

The little guy didnt turn out too bad, but was a TON of work. And Im hoping that the absolute LAST of the blue touch-ups are done, cause I ran the MRP bottle of Subaru blue down to the dregs:

20180727_140540

On to it then!  The little guy didnt turn out too bad after all. After all the work put into this little guy Im fairly pleased with the way things are turning out. Is he IPMS Nationals worthy?

That one remains to be seen, but after all this work there is no way Im NOT taking it now. 

Scheme is complete, minus the clear coat:

20180728_102029

20180728_102041

20180728_102110

20180728_102119

20180728_102125_001

20180728_102153

20180728_102327

20180728_102130

20180728_102209

MORE.....................

Few more................I managed to get the prop finished as well:

20180728_102842

20180728_102846

20180728_102244

20180728_102203

20180728_102301

20180728_102348

20180728_102230

Thats all for now folks!  Im heading back down to color sand the whole thing, then will apply a clear of MRP "Super Clear" gloss.   Onward and upward!