AIMS Me 262 A-1a/U3 conversion

Pastor John

'Mark you can talk!'

Can you believe it?!  Once in a while I say more than a few words.  With a wife and two daughters I'm mostly a listener!

'Can you recommend an amperage that you use the most?'

I can only think you mean for IPs and looms, as this is where you are in your build.

I have found two thin wires.  The first, which can be seen as battery wires and other looms in the Sinai P-51D thread, has been communication cable wiring found in a computer.  The ribbon wire from the motherboard to hard drive.

The second and most recent can be seen as circuit breaker wires in the IDF AH-1 Tzefa F thread.  Those are from the wire sheathing found inside a coaxial cable.

HTH.  Love your work.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying your holidays, things are a little different here in Hungary at Christmas but not for the worst - obviously the food is different but I must say I like very much the difference in the traditions - for example Santa has his own day on the 6th Dec so not to confuse with the real meaning of Christmas. Presents are given on the 24th Dec not 25th and this is preceded by singing a hymn around the tree. As Santa has long gone from the scene it is the baby Jesus who delivers the presents which I just cannot imagine!  A man who has a weight problem off-loading sacks of toys and climbing down chimneys a quarter of his size before shooting off - through the front door I assume??? on a magic slay I can understand - but a baby doing all this without adequate clothing , climbing experience or a means of transport I just cannot visualise? Anyway it is wonderful. Not many presents - just family giving home made biscuits and a scratch built (haha) tree decoration and a book seems to be the norm. - I got a book (in English) on how to cook Hungarian meals.

Anyway what else? Something I missed - a little object with a yellow electrical feed followed by black sleeving kept together by an aluminium tie on the floor near the centre. What did I fail to do? Scrape off kits cable detail in wing cut-out - it looked so nice! Well I will try and disguise it by running wire in conjunction with it or joining it like you see i have done for the pipe that comes out of the inner lightening hole and joins the kits pipe on the floor. What have I added? Some pivots to the bottom of the kits main gear mounts. Also added some more decals to the front triangular plates above where the joystick linkage is. What did I get wrong? I had replaced the bottom section of the kits inner door mechanism and added some much more scale friendly rod but yesterday I noticed it is a flat piece of metal not a rod.

Best wishes

20151226_095527_zpsr81iyoxt.jpg20151226_095324_zpso4gqjldb.jpg20151226_095146_zpstsgt2svt.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

Hi Everyone, I must get on with plumbing etc the front nose gear bay and finishing off the camera bay - had a little break to design some decals for another company while i waited for my engine PE set to arrive. It is not here yet but soon hopefully

for%20web_zpsw4fy1ac5.jpg

Not really done much recently - AIMS has had to come first but as it is kind of related it makes very little difference. Started playing with nose gear. Off-set wheel axle, removed early version rear scissor torque and fabricated the lower welded on hinge / pivot etc plus started planning the plumbing. Added some tape to the fork to try and represent weld line.

20160114_142814_zpsfwyj5m2t.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

Hi everyone, waiting for some 25 SWG 0.5mm tinned wire to come in the post so i can plumb my engines using my PE union nuts but other things to do along the way. I decided that I was not happy that my PE set did not contain the inside locking mechanism for the filler hatches on the Jumos or the hatch below the cockpit, I was also unhappy with myself that I had not provided the circular hatch or another oblong hatch for the rear tanks so the PE set has been amended. In the mean time I have cut out the rear hatches ready. I want to drop into them something that will look like the fuel resistant gaiters and place a filler cap in afterwards then the PE seals. As for the Jumo hatches being open this obviously requires extra detail to but the kit part inside is too low down and needs raised up to look like a continuation of the tank seen on the engine side. Just added a scrap of plastic sheet followed by some filler caps and some plumbing. I would like to have added to plumbing correctly fed through the backing plate but I need to seal the two kit parts together in order to deal with the large gap inside that should not be there so the plumbing is just  representative for now. I will spray these inside parts aluminium next, join the parts and fill and sand before going on.

20160121_144638_zpsztrxgkxa.jpg20160121_144903_zpsnmfuc9lw.jpg

rear most filler hatch seems too big but it is the same dimensions as the kits scribed front hatches. Either the front ones were too big or the the panel line aft of the rear hatch is not aft enough as there should be a gap between end of hatch and panel???????

20160121_143028_zpskfqh2obm.jpg