1/32 Me 323 Gigant announced?

Urs

Was told 'end 2016' and c. €900 - I have a photo of the drawings that will go in my Telford report.

Iain

Ouch, £600+... would be very very smart though when done!

A resin 5 1/2 foot wing would have B-52 like droop within a couple years

..with Iain on this, I think they'll be fine in bracing it in one way or another.

Im thinking the ONLY way HpH would go on wings that huge would be fiberglass w/some sort of internal re-enforcing structure. There is almost no other way to do that I know of, and have it last in the shape it was built in.

They'll probably use the same system as the Catalina or Concorde, just bigger. I think the wing on the Cat is fiberglass. It would have to be so the model doesn't weigh a metric ton.

Matt  :frantic:

Kudo's on all their other releases but I think this may be a white elephant project myself :shrug:

You may be right, Ron. However, I'm sure there's a few people who are ecstatic over this release. That's one of the things that I like about HpH and a couple other companies like them. They make the "It'll never happen" subjects a reality, even if it's only for a small group of people. You gotta respect that.

John

You may be right, Ron. However, I'm sure there's a few people who are ecstatic over this release. That's one of the things that I like about HpH and a couple other companies like them. They make the "It'll never happen" subjects a reality, even if it's only for a small group of people. You gotta respect that.

John

I didn't say I didn't respect that, just don't think it will sell to the 1/32 crowd anyway. Maybe in 1/35? :shrug:

I could be dead wrong too,  opinions are like belly buttons. We all have one.

No disrespect intended either.

I didn't say I didn't respect that, just don't think it will sell to the 1/32 crowd anyway. Maybe in 1/35? :shrug:

I could be dead wrong too,  opinions are like belly buttons. We all have one.

No disrespect intended either.

No misunderstanding here, either, Ron. ;)

I'm in the 1/32 camp and of the belief that more "aircraft" guys would buy this than "armor" or "cross genre" customers, so 1/32 would be the preferred scale. Now, that's just a theory and I know we had quite a lengthy discussion about the scale issues, in the past, with regards to the C-47/DC-3. In any case, I wish them the best and hope that we can see at least one of these puppies in the WIP and RFI forums!

John

Yeah fair enough. I am only basing my opinion on the fact that almost all their other releases fill a want we see here at LSP in threads on a fairly consistent basis but I have to admit in all the years moderating here I've never once seen a thread or even a post stating "I wish someone would do a 1/32 Me-323 glider". At least I don't recall it,  maybe others do?

On a serious note, I have always wanted a model of the Me 323 as my High School German teacher flew them in WW2. The stories he would tell about flying the 323 were simply amazing. Alas, the size and cost of this model will be too much for me, though I am tempted.

Proposing such uncommon models is very nice, but i am still doubtful about the potential market for it. I usually dont care a lot about price if i really like a model, and i have a very large display. However, for this one, it would be REALLY too much pricey, and it would really need too much space to be displayed the way i like (i'm not a "ceilling hanging" guy), so i know that i will let it go. I know we are all different, but i think 99% of the modellers would have the same problem.