1/32 Me 323 Gigant announced?

Urs

18 hours ago, dutik said:

Do you have a link or photos? Would be nice to see this :speak_cool:

regards

- dutik

I tried to link photos from Google Photos to the forum before with all kinds of inconsistent results. Let us try it again...

These are photos I took in May 2017. I visited Tamiya HQ again in 2018 and 2019 and this diorama was still there. I was supposed to go there in 2020 but Covid cancelled all that.

R-puf0MpCCa8xanC6IK6lP3MTVqPFGhOtK3k0gSl

T05N3sebelVGTSH2sXCmMMYk8i_XOs9XhXkGg2Va

I hope you can see them. 

Radu 

23 hours ago, Basta said:

Well we all know that diversity is a virtue, and I agree with you on that sentiment. But seriously, aren't there any number of more worthy subjects available?

How many will you be buying for your stash? 

Well herein lies the rub - what might be a worthy subject to you probably has zero interest for someone else. You might argue that HPH would be better off spending their resources on something else, but they know their market and want to make something that no-one else has done before.

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

Nice pics, Radu! What is your estimate of that display case size?

The glass case is about 1.5 m x 1.5 m (5 ft x 5 ft), It is quite large. The entrance lobby has a lot of items on display, including some genuine Formula 1 cars, Le Mans cars, and even an injection-moulding machine that dispenses a hot (and free of charge) “souvenir” 1/10 Samurai plastic figure model kit that is not for sale anywhere else. From the lobby, past the elevators, one can get to a museum with many of the products made by Tamiya. Visiting that museum will make it instantly clear that LSP account for only a small fraction of their output, but that may be the subject of another thread. ^_^
Radu

Just now, LSP_Ray said:

I would so love to visit there some time!

The easiest way to visit the Tamiya HQ is to go to the Shizuoka show. Tamiya have a shuttle from the show grounds to their HQ and back.

Japan is much cheaper than USA. In my own experience, flying to Japan, travel inside Japan, accommodation, eating out (no tipping!!!), everything was cheaper in Japan than USA. If one can afford to travel to USA, one can easily afford to travel to Japan. 

Radu

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...