Telford 2015

Iain

Hi guys I had a great weekend, very good response to my Seafang even though I had help on my stand the show is so huge I never really got to go around everything at a slow pace that I would have liked, It was just two quick wiz rounds Saturday and Sunday.I too was very impressed by the shear size of that B17 built up and I felt that a model of that size somehow makes it more like having the real thing in your own home however awkward to house it would be compared to any smaller scale model. Graham ( Iconicair )

Graham,

Any news on your Supermarine Attacker yet? I thought something would have been at Telford.

Eric.

Well What a Telford 15 for me! Saturday had to smuggle in a Meng 163, (Thanks Colin if your here) and Fly Wessex (Yummy).

Sunday I had to smuggle past the detector, 2x HK DO 335's. I got the armoured version at a great price last thing saturday, then Blow me Neil from HK turned up at the stand and handed over a brand new released A version as he had judged my Mitchell as the best HK product out on the dance floor.  I really cannot believe it, you could have knocked me down with a feather. 

Following discussions on the stand, I think Iv'e let myself in for trouble with a dio project for next year.

Great to see everyone again roll on 2016! . 

Nice to meet you Dave, looking at the Mitchell I'm sure you'll do the kit more justice than me

Ditto. No west coast national for six years minimum? What the heck?

Ray, in that length of time you could save up the air fare and be over here for Telford 2019 / 2020! :innocent:  :whistle: :rofl: :rofl:

(We won't move it..........HONEST! :wicked:)

The WIP thread for the scratch-built Bréguet 941 in 1/32 by Emmanuel Gato (who did an equally outstanding 1/32 Mirage 4000 before that) can be seen on Master 194 here :

http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78929

Not sure you do not have to be registered there to see the pics, though ...

Hubert

Graham,

Any news on your Supermarine Attacker yet? I thought something would have been at Telford.

Eric.

2016 Eric - will update in a show report that I'm working on - I *really* want an Attacker!  :)

Iain

Right - it's Monday - I've slept in to recover - and started going through hundreds of photos - so will take a little time.

First update will be a show review with some news snippets/images - followed bu the LSPs in the competition (being a judge gives good access on the Saturday afternoon for photos) - then I'll round out with photos of the LSPs in the club and SIG areas.

I've also just stitched together a panoramic view of halls 1 and 2 to give an idea of the size to those not fortunate enough to visit yet (there was also hall 3 - the kitswop area - and the upstairs competition area).

My final tally of 'plastic' was:

1:32 Italeri Mirage IIIC

1:32 Kitty Hawk OV-10A Bronco

1:32 Revell Ju-88A-4

1:32 Tamiya De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk VI

1:32 Trumpeter Ju-87A

1:32 Meng Me-163 (not strictly a purchase - but for a feature build for one of the mags).

Great to see all my old buddies again - and meet lots of new ones - it's a wonderful opportunity to catch up with everyone and walk away hugely inspired for the coming year!

I would ask for patience on the report - will get done as quickly as possible - but Anne's had to grab the desktop for business use now - and that takes priority!

Oh - and a huge thank you to everyone that contributed to, manned and visited the 32SIG/LSP stand this year - another successful mission everyone!!!  :thumbsup:

Congratulations to Dave for winning the HK 335 - very well deserved - and your face was an absolute picture  :)

Right - I'm off too get some more caffeine inside me...

Iain

The WIP thread for the scratch-built Bréguet 941 in 1/32 by Emmanuel Gato (who did an equally outstanding 1/32 Mirage 4000 before that) can be seen on Master 194 here :

http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78929

Not sure you do not have to be registered there to see the pics, though ...

Hubert

Thanks for the link Hubert - all photos work for me - really is a stunning build - Emmanuel has done a superb job!!  :thumbsup:

Iain

Ray, in that length of time you could save up the air fare and be over here for Telford 2019 / 2020! :innocent:  :whistle: :rofl: :rofl:

(We won't move it..........HONEST! :wicked:)

Yes, we could from the West Coast out to Telford.  But it would be pretty tough to transport kits out there to compete with.  But if we could swing a Nationals out West here, I'd be able to go and compete.  Phoenix was out last one, in 2010.  It's been at least 2,000 miles away ever since then. And will continue as such for the next four years at least

Matt  :frantic:

Bear in mind there's a whole lot more to Telford than just the competition - and vendors.

It's different to the US event in so many ways - and pretty well everyone that's visited from North America has enjoyed the experience!  :)

Or, at least, that's what they told us...  Perhaps they were just being polite.  ;)

And - no - I've not been to the US Nats - maybe one year!!

Iain

I have been to the US nationals as well as Belgian imps events and also in the Czech Republic and Germany. I am in the fortunate position to be able to make comment upon what has been said above the uk nationals are something very different to anywhere else and in terms of size they are at least 4 times the size of the us nationals I attended. There are plenty of things to see and indeed two days never seems enough. I took models to all of the above events and competed in the competitions too. The us nationals I had 2 1/32 scale aircraft with me as hand luggage so it can be done al without breakages.

As to my weekend I had a cracker and think I was restrained in my purchases

Tamiya mosquito

Rb productions ohka

Hph me 410

Two sets of rotor fold for the Wessex from scale warships,

Set of seat belts for p-39 from hgw

Some tools and paint brushes from zm

A punch set from rptoolz

Several books

Anyway in the cmpetition I collected several items

Gold in class 17 for my of-10d bronco

Silver in class 17 for my fiat g.50

Commended In class 17 for ta-152

Commended in class 17 for my f-86d

Bronze in helecopters class for 1/48 uh-1y

Trophy from Westland for my 1/48 scale Westland Wessex

Commended for my1/72 Severn class lifeboat.

I think that was it I also met a few new friends including Daniel Zimbarde

John

Edited by tigger

Forgot about the HpH 1:32 scale Gigant. Was shown the plans for that monster. First thought was how would you smuggle that past the gaffer before she saw it?

Anybody notice the 1:32 scale B.P. Defiant on the BoB stand? 

The Defiant got me quite excited from a distance until I got closer and saw that it was 1/24 and scratchbuilt and not a new 1/32 kit, fantastic build though !

Cheers

Dennis

yep, i knew i would miss this one also (Telford i mean), but what i'm really interested in is the "lack of pictures" that would have been taken.

Ofcourse no one is obliged to do so, but it's always a matter of interest to us guys and galls who stayed at home!!

So anyone?

J.