Annual WNW Christmas kit speculation

LSP_K2

I've got the Encore Fokker Triplane kit - it's a bloody good kit, plenty of resin & PE detail. Not WNW, but a big step up from Roden. It'll certainly do me.

I'm not bothered by the Triplane, nor do I understand the fuss over the Camel. It's another green-brown British fighter - meh.

A German single seater would be interesting & welcome after the splurge of multi-seaters, the AEG's and Felixstowe's.

But I'm just being a brat - I'll take pretty much anything that Mr Jackson cares to produce. I remember a few years back, when a few Roden kits were classed as state of the art and Battleaxe kits were not laughed at.

Granted, we don't all view things with the same eyes, but to me, the Dr.I is about as iconic and beautiful as it gets. I suppose the Camel receives so much fanfare because it was such a ferocious combat fighter.

Granted, we don't all view things with the same eyes, but to me, the Dr.I is about as iconic and beautiful as it gets. I suppose the Camel receives so much fanfare because it was such a ferocious combat fighter.

Who am I kidding! I'll buy whatever they chose to make, be it a Camel or a Fokker Triplane. Or a HP O/400.

I would prefer a lovely, simple, little, single-seater though.

Outside the box?

Staaken R.IV, the giant plane that delivered the most devastating single blow by hitting Odhams Printing Works Jan. 29th 1918 with a 300 kg bomb; or

Staaken R.XV, the 5-engined behemoth...

Regards

- dutik

Does any one make a Albatros W.4 in 1/32 or conversion? 

Also like to see a Friedrichshafen FF-33E German WW1 Seaplane to.

Is the photo 1/32 kit?  I think it is the old Techmold 1/48

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12274415_1076233372395850_8382260607512547154_n.jpg?oh=f48b2777b8b6f38dd5c5767a96ae46fc&oe=56F14A78

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Don't hold your breath waiting for a Dr.1 from WNW.

I've been told (by them) that they will not produce kits from subjects already done by other companies.

They cited the Dr.1 specifically. They said Roden already has a Dr.1.

They said they went along with the Sopwith Tripe because they were already working on it when Roden came out with it.

And now that Merit released one in 1/24 I think the chances for a WNW Dr.1 are very slim.

I also asked about a Curtiss Jenny and they said they have no interest in making one.  I guess they have no interest in making American subjects.

I hope I'm wrong.

Guest Smitty44

I've been told (by them) that they will not produce kits from subjects already done by other companies.

They said they went along with the Sopwith Tripe because they were already working on it when Roden came out with it.

And now that Merit released one in 1/24 I think the chances for a WNW Dr.1 are very slim.

I also asked about a Curtiss Jenny and they said they have no interest in making one.  I guess they have no interest in making American subjects.

I hope I'm wrong.

They also said they would never do a Camel either and now we anxiously await it's upcoming release slated for 2016!

I also asked about a Curtiss Jenny and they said they have no interest in making one. I guess they have no interest in making American subjects.

I hope I'm wrong.

They also said they would never do a Camel either and now we anxiously await it's upcoming release slated for 2016!

Indeed,  WnW got SO many emails, questions, and comments about producing a Camel and DR.1 that they relented on the Camel, and I would have to say that we WILL eventually see a DR.1 from them..............but it may be a while.

WnWs  EMPHATICALLY stated a long time ago they would NEVER produce a Camel..................yet when you go to the WnW site and when you go to the "NEWS" section on their site...................

Sopwith%20Camel%20in%20development%20Aug

Just sayin......................

Edited by Out2gtcha

Well, I predict, with some degree of certainty, that WNW will release a 1/32 scale polystyrene kit of a World War One aeroplane!

When? Well, maybe this month, maybe next month, perhaps next year, sooner or later. :shrug:

Now, doesn't that make everyone glad that they can be sure of something in this uncertain life in this chaotic world? :)

No, do not thank me, your adoration is more that enough. :bow:

Stephen

Edited by ssculptor