Revell Spitfire MK IIa

Totalize

Max,

thanks for tuning in. Yep it's pretty superficial.  It's good stuff and worth having in your bag of tricks to assist in your builds.

Some more progress.

I punched out the center sections of the druze rivets (I think that's what they are called) on the front cowling area to give them more definition. Also, I completed the rudder pedal area.

_MG_2811a600_zpsddikca32.jpg

_MG_2812%20a600_zpscuisk8cn.jpg

_MG_2809a_zpsljtwjcee.jpg

Very nice work, are you planning on adding some raised rivet detail as you have filled the huge cavernous kit detail........

IMG_20150201_182548_zpse193cb13.jpg

Well worth the effort I found and quite easy to apply........but be very careful when painting as you can still pull a little section of with a mask if you are not careful.

Regards. Andy

Thanks guys much appreciated.

Andy, yes! I acquired the surface rivet set from archer`s transfers. I was hoping to use the set from Micromark which give you like 3x the amount of rivets for less than half the price of the Archer transfers but they don`t have the equivalent rivets in size and pitch so I reluctantly went ahead and purchased the Archer set. I now have them on the bench.  

So, just to confirm they can potentially be pulled off with tape after application?  Can this occur even after applying a coat of primer over them?

David.

Edited by Totalize

• 1 month later...

Small update.

Continued to work on the cockpit. I got the instrument panel on and the rudder assembly. I also worked on replacing the kit seat with the Barracuda resin seat which is very nice. The kit does not come with the armour plate that is situated behind the pilot but thankfully Barracuda includes this piece with the seat. I also added the seat adjustment handle and the retaining tabs at the sides of the leg rest with some thin plastic card.

_MG_2961a500_zpscrg0lvil.jpg

_MG_2956%20a500_zpsvs44ccpc.jpg

_MG_2955a500_zpstr78i46w.jpg

Hi David, that is a superb looking IP and bulkhead. Very cool.

The Archer rivets should be good under a coat of paint/primer if you use low-tack tape. It will depend on surface prep but it should n't be a problem. I've used them on a 1/32nd scale BAe Hawk and my recent Spitfire build without any issues. HTH

Just a thought. It does n't look as though you've built more than 25% of this kit so far which means you could be eligible to join in The Edgar Brooks tribute GB if you wished. It would be great to see such a lovely build in the GB. The mods can move your topic if you'd like to join in.

Cheers.

Just a thought. It does n't look as though you've built more than 25% of this kit so far which means you could be eligible to join in The Edgar http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=60309&p=756267 tribute GB if you wished. It would be great to see such a lovely build in the GB. The mods can move your topic if you'd like to join in.

Cheers.

Actually, I hadn't thought of that, but you're right! Let me know if you'd like to join the GB, David.

Kev

Hi David

You mention having looked at some reviews but have you also seen the build that Iain did here? He had some fixes for the odd shape issues around the wing/fuselage join which you might find worth considering. I've not seen any other builds where those issues were addressed.

Edited by Wegener

Thanks guys. Hopefully this can give you a few ideas should you decide to build this kit in the future.

As for the group build. I didn't know it even existed. I should dig deeper into this site for sure.

For the Group build section I say yes. Kev, you can transfer this log over to the GB.

David.

Edited by Totalize