Italeri Mirage IIICZ SAAF, FINISHED!!

ericg

I think the engine on the ground is an Atar 9B.

20141129_171652_zps367ae511.jpg

Unfortunately, i've a few detail pictures of the 9C but not of this one. On the other hand, this museum is at about 5 km from home, and i plan to make another visit soon. But you work so fast Eric, that i think your model would be finished before i can make a walkaround !

Excellent Alain! Exactly what I was chasing. Sometimes you can't just google stuff.

Eric.

Great walkaround Alain, thanks a lot !

we have  first to thank  Rafju for this link ..Let's render onto Caesar , what is Caesar's 

Alain

Hmmm.. Seems rather familiar..... :popcorn:

I've got my wings on , Take your time  with that , the gaps were so bad I had to use plastic strip to shim the lower wing/fusalage join, of  course that could just have been me!

Glad I'm not the only one who's had problems there!

And as for the air intakes and the nose probe :( :blink:

Intakes were also an issue , but after fellting the parts , (lots of sanding )the jointing surfaces, and using Liquid Poly to join the pieces, I still ended up using filler and cyano to fill joints!, I haven't got as far as the nose probe yet- something else to look forward to!

I've managed to preserve most of the surface detail, but those intakes will need lines restored!

That AK Extreme Metal looks really nice, very real.  How does it work. Is it a lacquer like Alclad, or more of an acrylic like Mr. Color? You mentioned the strong smell with it.

Matt  :frantic:

I reviewed them earlier this year, Matt. They're actually enamel, but the formulation is very thin, like Alclad. I found that they really stink in the bottle, but I hardly noticed it while spraying them. Can't say that about Alclad! It's vital that they go down over a primer coat, though.

Kev