1/32 Do-17 Z

junkerboy

3 revell 1/32 Ju-88's to 1 tamiya mossie....I'll take the 88's any day..brilliant kits

I think the clue is in your name, which makes me Phantombloke.

Would I take three Revell new tool Mosquitos in favour of a Tamiya Ju 88 ? - oh yes.

Tony

Their website doesn't show one available or pending. I thought Tigger had a Do-217 planned, and I talked to him at a show once about a Do-17Z and was told that there was one in the works that needed the master for glazing done. Not sure about the current progress though. I would be happy to tackle a vacform 17Z to fill the gap in my collection.

Regards;

Steve

There is already a Do-217 available from Tigger. I have it lying around, and when I continue with my current building-speed, I'll start it in 2050 :))

I thought that John "Tigger" posted here somewhere in a thread that a vacu Do-17 will be released :hmmm:

Alex

Thierry,

Would you be willing to do a tweak list for the Do 17 when it comes out?

John

Well, making a tweak list asks for some knowledge and documentation and I'm afraid to say that I don't know really well the Dornier bomber and that I do not have a lot of references about this series of planes...

Moreover, do not repeat it but personally, I'm only interested in the in-line engine nighfighter version!

Thierry

:-(

Define "accurate".  No kit ever made by mankind is "fully accurate".  If it were, it would have to be an exact scale-down of every single part of the real airplane.  The skin would have to be of scale thickness, and every rivet, screw, piece of wire and hydraulic piping, etc would have to be included.  

Model kits, no matter how "accurate" they are, are artistic representations of real airplanes.  They are miniature sculptures of airplanes.  Some are more faithful to the sizes, shapes, proportions, and "look and sit" (indefinable) of the real airplane, and others are... well.. not.

i really do agree with that...,damn sure i do...., Thumb's up....

Gentlemans - i´m really still a box collector as active modeler (some times i build kits, yes...) but - and this is only my personal opinion - Revell quality is zik-zak. I have in time a Ju-88A-1 ("Shark skin effect" , details as moulded into soap..., BAe Hawk (relative nice kit for few buck)? Bf-109G-6 and Erla and He-219.... He-219 is my favourite German heavy fighter but you know what is it with their engine nacelles. He-111, Spitfire and Focke - Wulf i don´t buy.... Many accurate issues, ugly detail, ugly Polish plastic and sink marks.... When i compared it with 15years old Rafale in 1/48, 30 years old B-1 and 35 years old B-58.... OMG.... Now in EU go Revell prices high.... and last nice kit was Bf-109G (both).... (But i don´t understand why haven´t gun pods...). I can´t understand why gigantic company as Revell have a "second class quality" ?  

Define "accurate".  No kit ever made by mankind is "fully accurate".  If it were, it would have to be an exact scale-down of every single part of the real airplane.  The skin would have to be of scale thickness, and every rivet, screw, piece of wire and hydraulic piping, etc would have to be included.  

Model kits, no matter how "accurate" they are, are artistic representations of real airplanes.  They are miniature sculptures of airplanes.  Some are more faithful to the sizes, shapes, proportions, and "look and sit" (indefinable) of the real airplane, and others are... well.. not.

..And that's the sound of a giant hammer hitting a giant nail on the head!

I think Jennings post should be pinned in all accuracy related threads! There will never be a fully accurate model kit for the reasons mentioned above. However, all we can hope for are kits that represent the scale shape and dimensions of the original as faithfully as possible as well as all the correct equipment for that particular mark or type. Anything else is moot I guess.

Regards;

Steve

While I would very much like to see a "flying pencil" because of my fondness for Battle of Britain aircraft (as well as the nightfighter posted above, it looks awesome), my stash is overflowing with great 32-scale kits I haven't built and won't get to in the next year. So I don't spend ANY time wishing for more kits. The ****ing Mossie has already complicated my sleep (great kit, even if it's not an aircraft I love), and the Mirage IIIC is calling my name in an Israeli aces configuration. Not to mention the Kingfisher I hear is on the way.