Focke-Wulf Fw190 A-5 Priller

Aircav1980

This build had taken me a long time. I set it aside of a long time. I am finally ready to call it done. It is a Hasegawa FW190 A-5 kit with a Eduard photoetch cockpit, RB productions seat belts, and some Master Models brass barrels. The kit decals were virtually unusable so I used Eagle Editions decals for the placards and some of the smaller markings. For the other markings I used a custom set of Stencil Pal stencils that were made for me. It is done in mostly Vallejo acrylic paints with a few Tamiya acrylics in it. Please forgive my photography.  I tried very hard to get a shot of the cockpit which turned out very much to my liking. There are a few minor flaws on the model but I got to the point that I know if I tried to fix them I would do more harm then good. Thanks for looking. 

DSC00728_zpsggcnc5h0.jpg

DSC00725_zps3ubeqgjf.jpg

DSC00729_zpsmud6evfo.jpg

DSC00730_zpssgaoqzhz.jpg

Great job!

I know about the troubles you had, especially with the decals and masking, but it's not evident in your final pics.

If I could make one detail critique, it would be the antenna wire. It had a tensioning system with this early style canopy that kept it taut, even when the canopy was opened. A very minor detail, however and the model appears very cleanly built and, again, I love the masking work that you did!

:thumbsup:

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, that looks excellent!  I like the cleaner look. Its nice to see a 190 not all super mucked up.   I might agree with John on the antenna.   If I may, I might also suggest using a slightly thinner filiment like Uchis rigging material, or even some fine EZ Line.    However, that takes away nothing from a really super build!

Congrats on a really fine model!