Spitfire IXc - Tunisia/ltaly campain

Urs

Thanks guys.😄

I wondered about my order of these and just found the letter containing in a stack of unopened letters - lazy me.Arentthey nice?

20151130_202323_1.jpg

Now the engine belongs to family. Though they are bling-bling they will disapear neath a thin layer of black. The R&R-logo will be still readable after that though of the black on black.

20151130_205434_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The first try to build the replacement bulbs ended up in a blub of the far right buld being bigger in size. Then a 2nd try with steel ball of 1.5mm diameter which were 2 times too big. So I tried for a 3rd time again with transparent parts. The result seems okay and I think with bare eye the size differences are not to see.

f28t11544p166306n2_t_WDbfm_GX.jpg

Then I turned to the air bottles and added some pimping with 0.5mm brass rod and injection needle for the middle section of the bottle connection. The black tape I fixed with two drilled wires I took from a litz wire to simulate two clamps. Piping of the lower bottle bottom according to an internet template. I don't know about the accuracy. The wild running of power supply of the fuse box is correct according to my reference. To be contined………

f28t11544p166306n3_i_Nt_ALu_VQ.jpg

Little by little, the bird builds its nest. After completition of the de-icer lines I turned for towards the oxygen-lines ans rebuilt its oxigene-****.

The clear bulbs I made I replaced now be three steel ball of 1mm each for a more even look now.

The lever for undercarriage is rebuilt except the housing. Some of the self-adhesive Pes are needed to place before airbrushing. Have some masking work there

siderig.jpg

You are asking for that T-coupling of the de-icer device? For easier handling l soft-annealing the copper wires and clean them with sanding paper before bending. Here l just glued with cyanacrylate. After l put a coat of Mr.Surfacer to simulate a T-coupling. Later l'll paint that in silver.

20151216_221337_3.jpg

Edited by Urs

• 4 weeks later...

On the WE I put some first color into the pit. Starting coloring with a Tamy XF-71/X-1 mix I blew over a Tam X-1 base. Then brighted up the XF-71 with Tamy XF-3 to highlight the panel centers. For the pit seat I used a XF-9 / XF-1 mix for the seat base color and lightened up with Tamiya XF79 and XF-2 mix. Sorry for the blurry third pic.

f28t11544p167047n2_Lemslin_A.jpg

f28t11544p167047n3_WNkn_KHGU.jpg

f28t11544p167047n4_qu_ZNOGt_F.jpg