Review: Italeri 2505: 1/32 Mirage IIIC

LSP_Kevin

Thanks Nicolas, (mine not still in my hands...)

It looks like the surface detail and panel engraving of the wings upper surface is close to a Mirage III "E" type, not from a "C" one.

raf

edit: is there any possibility to see the inside part of the reactor? is there corrugated surface present?

Edited by rafju

Yes the inside of the burner can is corrugated with the tiny holes. But big issue is that we will have to deal with a seam almost impossible to fill without losing the details.

I've just taken a few pictures, i'll try to upload them later, except if Kev prefer to add them in the review article.

I know zip about mirages.......with a nose swap could you get a belgian Mirage V out of this kit?

Would be very nice, but like Dave said, the Mirage V is in fact the fuselage and engine of a Mirage IIIE, with two extra wing stores and other nose. 

I hope one day whe got a decent Mirage V in 1/32

Still, i like the new Italeri Mirage IIIC. Look's like the same quality as the F-104 Starfighter, so maybe a French dessert scheme would be nice. :hmmm:

Greetz

Danny

Aftermarket decals are a must - those SAAF castles really need to be replaced - and as Matterhorn previously did a Swiss "C" in 48......a 32nd scale sheet should not be long in waiting.

What's the issue with the kit's SAAF roundels?

I haven't got the 104, but from I understand the lines were inconsistent and shallow, nothing like that in the mirage, their clean and consistent across the whole airframe with subdued rivets, the cockpit could do with a little assistance , especially the IP, and the seat is ok , but only just ok

Overall I have to say its an excellent kit