Like to build a KC135 in the 1/32 scale

Rogier77

Like Harv said, but then let's go ONE step further and let it hook up with a 32nd scale AWAC.........."Geintje"!!!  Just kidding

Anyhow, good luck indeed, but i'm sorry can't help either with the blueprints and stuff.

J.

Edited by Jack

For one, there are no accurate scale plans out there.  I've been drawing 135s for going on 30 years now (I still tweak them constantly), and I've got every scrap of everything ever published on the airplane.  The plans that exist in the modeling and aviation history realm are all hopelessly inaccurate.  Mine are only left and right side views (which is all I've ever needed), but I know they're accurate because they were done using maintenance manual dimensional data and literally tens of thousands of photos.  Unfortunately all of my hard copy maintenance manual stuff was destroyed in a fire.

A 1/32 KC-135 would be almost 51" (130 cm) long.  Not sure what kind of house you live in!

Your best bet is to get the AMT/Ertl 1/72 kit and use that as a basis.  It's basically accurate in dimensions and shapes, if not in every detail.

62_4135.jpg

Haha i live in a normal house. The first plan is to build a flying model, with a small bird at its boom. Yes it will be a large scale plane, but a B-17 or a B-29 even a Super Connie are large scale planes. So this would be not impossible. I like the build of the guy that build a C-17 and a Kc-10 in the 48 scale.

Indeed with a good 1/72 kit as a base and some good blue-prints and some parts of a manual it can be done. I think.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  For one, the KC-135 flew before the 707, so if anything, it would have to be the other way around.  But it isn't.  Both the KC-135 and the 707 are based on the 367-80 prototype.  They are two branches from the same trunk.

Okey-Dokey.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  For one, the KC-135 flew before the 707, so if anything, it would have to be the other way around.  But it isn't.  Both the KC-135 and the 707 are based on the 367-80 prototype.  They are two branches from the same trunk.

By memory one is narrow in width than the other ? can never have tow many 135's! Such a beautiful looking airplane and still nothing comes close to it.

By memory one is narrow in width than the other ? can never have tow many 135's! Such a beautiful looking airplane and still nothing comes close to it.

The -135 is narrower (4 inches) and shorter (9 to 16 feet) than the 707. Wings are different as well. When I flew AWACS (707) we had full leading edge devices and the -135 did not. I will never forget when our slick 707 was grounded for wing cracks the good old USAF tried to give us a -135 to replace it because "they were the same aircraft". Took a while to convince them they were wrong.

Guest Clunkmeister

To be accurate, it was the good old C-135 that was there first, not the KC-135, or the EC-135..  as you know, I'm sure.

Edited by Clunkmeister

a KC-135 with a refueling boom and 1/32 F16 sure would be bitching!

Well that is a little the idea. I like the colors of the Mildenhall KC135's. I can put a Dutch F16 under the boom.

But i need some good info first on the KC135. Start to buy a 1/72 kit and a walkaround book, some decals that i kan reproduce to the 32 scale. And lots, lots of stereen plastic and other stuff to make the body and the rest of the plane.