Fly Hurricane

LSP_Kevin

I first thought that the right wing of the Ju 88 appears odd short the but I could be wrong due to the perspective.

What's it with that italian style squiggle camouflage? I've never seen this on a Hurricane. Was this ment to deceive the enemy?

but a nice Hurricane Mk.I would have been MOST welcome. :(

D

We have one. The PCM Hurricane is really nice, and offers both fabric and metal wings.  Probably at the same level of the soon to be released Fly kit

Matt  :frantic:

We're used to seeing CGI or computer airbrushed graphics these days but that box top is very typical of 1960s eras model box tops, so there is an element of nostalgia about it. On balance, it's not at all bad. The Junkers is there to subliminally attract Luftwaffe modellers.

Did Hurricane II's ever appear in non-camouflage ? Silver dope or arctic white ?

Tony

Guest Peterpools

Not much for box art one way or another, as a group we are all way past the box drawing us in for the purchase. I am also disappointed a BOB Hurricane wasn't in the cards :(

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

I first thought that the right wing of the Ju 88 appears odd short the but I could be wrong due to the perspective.

What's it with that italian style squiggle camouflage? I've never seen this on a Hurricane. Was this ment to deceive the enemy?

Apparently so, the nose and leading edges of the wing were painted in italian look alike squigles to fool ground forces.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234922498-hurricane-spaghetti-scheme-i-said-it-was-blue/

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

I'm a bit surprised that the focus is so much on the box art on this board. Wouldn't surprise me if it was on the other site. I've not owned a FLY kit yet but I ordered two of the Wessex HU.5 kits. The pics I've seen of the sprues and build up online have me excited. I have no reason to believe the Hurricane won't be just as nice as the Wessex and I'm glad we will be getting a new Hurricane in 1/32. Who really cares how bad the box art is?

-Shane

Well it's entirely everybody's right to ignore the fact that there's a multi-billion dollar global marketing industry and/or claim to be somehow immune to its insidious effects. I would just ask those in doubt to google - with quotes - "Hurricane plastic kits" and to admire the results.

I'd single out DeanKB's comment: "Oh dear. It's akin to a poorly done 1960's boxing". as being well observed when compared to the KeilKraft 1/72 Hawker Hurricane MkIIc artwork. And then at the other end of the scale there are Eduard's overtrees kits in plain, raw cardboard boxes with not even a sticker on them.

As I've already said I hope the Fly kit is really good and goes on to sell really well. But part of getting to that world involves noting what's already dominating the market, as your Google results will show.

Edited by Chek