Fly Hurricane

LSP_Kevin

Oh dear. It's akin to a poorly done 1960's boxing.

They've managed to make a Hurricane shooting down a Ju 88 in north Africa - all the elements of a very cool artwork - look pretty dull.

However, I'm enormously encouraged by their Ar 234 kit - the box art was fairly insipid, but the contents were excellent.

I shall certainly be buying this one. I really hope they manage to sell a large number, as they fully deserve to. It's a mystery to me why the mainstream manufacturers have basically avoided the Hurricane in 1/32, yet you can hardly move for Spitfire's.

Dig those purple spinners on the '88!

Stolen from a 1960s Rufe, no doubt...

Once again we're faced with yet another manufacturer producing the final production variant of a subject as opposed to the earlier variant(s) that bore the brunt of much heavier fighting. I'm not much of a fan of British airplanes on the whole, but a nice Hurricane Mk.I would have been MOST welcome. :(

D

Stolen from a 1960s Rufe, no doubt...

Once again we're faced with yet another manufacturer producing the final production variant of a subject as opposed to the earlier variant(s) that bore the brunt of much heavier fighting. I'm not much of a fan of British airplanes on the whole, but a nice Hurricane Mk.I would have been MOST welcome. :(

D

I would have preferred a Mk I too, but Hurricane IIs in Dark Earth and Middlestone are appealing...

kw98aa.jpg

HawkerHurricaneLB680aa.jpg

I hope the kit is better than the box art ... and I say that as a trained commercial artist (as we used to be called) who doesn't get any pleasure from disparaging the work of others.

....Agreed, disparaging or not,,,,, yikes!  I hope the contents don't match the art work. That might be the worst I recall ever seeing?

I don't think the box art's all that bad - especially the bit where it says 1/32 Hurricane MkII, the first in our scale and only the third Hurricane - I think you ladies should cut them some slack, better they get the contents right.

They have to start somewhere, and personally better to start with a MkII - they intend to produce a MkI later.

I would say the color adjustment is off throughout.  Too much Magenta and not enough Yellow.  But that's just me.  But then again, maybe the artist is color-blind!  The instructions for the Wessex implies a well-appointed model.

Sincerely,

Mark

I think you ladies should cut them some slack, better they get the contents right.

They have to start somewhere, and personally better to start with a MkII - they intend to produce a MkI later.

Apologies all round and to Fly, no offence was intended and I think it was fair to comment that the box art is in company with much more sophisticated rivals.

As for the kit, I'd be more than happy with it if it was up to PCM standards, and from what I've seen of the Fly Wessex it might exceed those.