Wolf Buddee

Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf buddy, glad to see you at it again. And thank you for your WIP on the engines. They look fantastic ! And I'm sure you will do them justice .......Harv :popcorn:

Ron, Peter, Carl, Harvey, thanks for checkin' in. I always appreciate the comments and encouragement!

Here are a couple of pics that show what the upper ignition conduit on the Mossie's Merlins should look like and then the Eduard part. It looks like I'm going to have to build me a cross between a porcupine and a snake eh? The top photo was taken at the aviation museum in Edmonton AB. They have a nice 1:1 scale Mosquito there but I'm not sure if this Merlin came out of a Mossie but the ignition configuration and coolant pipes are the right configuration. I wish that Eduard had provided photo-etch parts for all the various linkage levers. Those'll have to be scratch built.

Cheers,

Wolf

Ignition-conduit-1_zpsr2ysuze4.jpg

Ignition-conduit-2_zpszoupictz.jpg

Wolf

Simply gorgeous - what a casting. I snapped to attention as soon as I saw your post and the the Mossie was back on the bench. I've been waiting a long time for the build to start down the line again and will be following with intense interest.

Speaking of Mossie's, mine is one piece of plastic away from being finished: the antenna that is waiting to be glued into position on the vertical stabilizer and our journey will be in the books. I needed a bit of RnR and started the Sufa to build up the juices for the finals bits and pieces. I'm planning to finish tomorrow and then over the next few days take the final images; both for the last thread update and the Ready for Inspection glamour shots.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

C'mon Peter, git 'er done! One piece away........... Makes me laugh though. It took me two days to finish off the Spitfire build after working on it off and on for 3 years and then it sat idle for a while. We need to see your 'squito in RFI!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hey, welcome back. Looks good!

Thanks Ron. You have to get back on yours too. There was a bunch of us that started our Mosquitos around the same time. We need to show off some 418 Squadron Mossies!

Cheers,

Wolf

Nice to see you're back at it with the Mossie Wolf.

Those Eduard Merlins definitely look a step above the kit ones.

Carl

Carl, you have to get yours done as well! The Brassin' Merlins are fantastic. It'll be interesting to see if everything all lines up in the end and all the pipework fits as it should. So far, so good........... :whistle:

Cheers,

Wolf

Happy to see this build is back!

Looking forward to any and all future updates Wolf.  :beer:

Chuck.

Thanks Chuck, it's amazing how motivational the smell of fresh resin pieces can be.  :lol:

Cheers,

Wolf

Wow Wolf, those resin engines are awesome.  Between the quality of the parts, the skill of the modeler and your experience with the Merlin, I can hardly wait to see more.  Welcome back to your WIP thread.  We missed you and your work!

Cheers,

Chuck

Hey Harv, why don't you set the Corsair aside and open up the Mossie box? You know you want to............. :evil_laugh:

Cheers,

Wolf

As a matter of fact, I have the box out now. Going through the AM to see what all I still need. :wicked:  :whistle: ..........Harv

Edited by Guest

Guest Martinnfb

Just focus on Corsair Harvey, or you gonna end up like me with gazillion heavily modified subassemblies laying all over the place.

Jeez Wolf, that looks much better on the picture, than in plastic bag, now I understand why were you grinning like uncle Bob.:), I also understand why you not picking up your phone,,,oh wait, probably because I didn't call you.

Rolls-Royce_Merlin_61_(1942)_(7943261608

Don't worry little buddy, still working on the Corsair....Harv

Oh yea. Have one of those near the top of the pile....Harv