Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Off the charts mate!Just been busy organising a load of Auster parts out of BC funnily enough!Andy had provided me the final Instructors seat armour details for me to now press forward.Thanks for the inspiration! Words truly fail me....CheersAnthony

Thanks Anthony, I look forward to you getting back to the bench with your Mossie. Do you have Eduard's nose gun set?

Cheers,

Wolf

That would be a cool one to do! Anyone do the nose art for Pappy Yokum?

Cheers,

Wolf

Not as of yet, which is strange because overall that airframe had the most kills of the squadron?

Hey Wolf, long time. I'm gonna 'have' to build one of these, although there's

no way in hadeez mine will be opened up like yours.

You do need to get out this summer (you Canadians get much sun up there ?)

otherwise you'll look like a typical modeler.

tanlines.jpg

Keep havin' fun.

Thanks Mike,

Yes, it has been a while. Good to hear from you! You're going to be very impressed with Tamiya's Mossie regardless of how you build it Mike. As for the sun, it's been hiding a bit for the last few days but it gets really beautiful here when it's out. We do tend to rust more than tan though, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

• 3 weeks later...

Finally a little more progress. The nose guns assemblies from Eduard are completed and installed. The only modifications were the removal of the barrels from Eduard's guns as I'm using the brass Master barrels. The other modification is the addition of two small styrene tabs glued to the ends of Eduard's rear gun mount assembly. Tamiya's rear gun mount butt joins to the fuselage sides but is aligned by two vertical supports that glue to the nose gun compartment floor. Eduard's parts don't have the vertical supports so there is no way of aligning the rear gun mount without the addition of the two little tabs that fit in to the rear gun mounting blocks on the forward fuselage sides. The floor assembly and the gun mounts are dry fitted in to place and the guns are glued to the mounts with 5 minute epoxy. When dry you can then remove the floor and gun assemblies from the fuselage halves and you have a complete assemble that aligns perfectly when you install the cockpit floor assembly into the fuselage. I hope that all makes sense? The guns are also completely plumbed with their pneumatic lines as indicated in the Eduard instructions. For the guns I used 0.10 lead wire and for the line that runs from the bottom of the wiper motor I used 0.15 lead wire. Each pneumatic line received a 0.5mm nut from Scale Hardware where the line attaches to the floor.

As always comments and critique welcome.

Cheers,

Wolf

Ammo-chutes-1_zpsts3k5z1e.jpg

Ammo-chutes-2_zpsfvwfkxiu.jpg

Ammo-chutes-3_zpsuyhjfupa.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

It is like watching the real thing!!!!! Amazing job Wolf!!

John

Thanks John! I only wish I had access to the real thing! Boy, would that make research easy eh?

Cheers,

Wolf

This is not fair! what can we mere mortals build to come at least close to this??? you're a magician Wolf I'm looking forward for the canadian summer to come to an end so you can make more progress on this build! sorry but it this build is THAT good!

Thank-you but honestly the real credit goes to Eduard for putting out such an amazing detail set. It certainly takes quite a bit more work to put together as opposed to Tamiya's kit parts. The level of detail with Eduard's set is unbelievable though so the extra work is well worth it in my opinion. The most important thing is lots of light and even more magnification, at least for my old eyes!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf, the work you have done here is as close to perfect as I have ever seen.

Kev

Thanks Kev, that's very kind!  :wub: It's not perfect though but it was a lot of fun seeing it all finished. At least to the point it's at now. A couple of more electrical cables to add once the nose cone is added. One for the gun camera and another for the forward position light in the nose.

Cheers,

Wolf