Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Looking great Wolf, as has been pointed in the previous posts out more eloquently than I can manage

I'm looking forward to how the cannon muzzles mount within the trough openings, ideally without appearing to be in contact with them.

I'm assuming that's what the pointy barrels and collars will assist with..

Hi Chek,

The cannon muzzles are a separate piece that mounts directly to the lower fuselage panel from where the muzzles protrude. The kit muzzles were cut from the kit part and new brass muzzles from Master replaced them. The last pic shows how far the cannon barrels protrude through the bulkhead. That's why the ends of the cannon barrels are tapered. I figured pictures would explain it easier than just text.

Cheers,

Wolf

Cannon-muzzles-1_zpsa00rmqnu.jpg

Cannon-muzzle-2_zps3leggyru.jpg

Cannon-muzzle-3_zpsclggj94u.jpg

Hey gents...... new guy here......... I have been watching this build from the start and quietly marveling in complete astonishment of the talent I am seeing, more than once I have had to clean my glasses to make sure I'm really seeing what is posted...... all the expletives and everything has been said regarding the quality and the spectacular build we are witnessing by you Wolf..... I have bought the same kit, and am a little hesitant  starting it, you are the definition of an artist, a level of skill I will never get to. I am enjoying your build as much as all the rest of the fellows..... incredible, I await the next update.... also any of you guys who haven't got Roy's Mosquito feed chutes, don't wait, go get them, mine arrived to day and they are awesome!!!  I look forward to the updates and all the excellent information..... I am a member of the Calgary Mosquito Society too, and what a blast that is.... I also have a few pics that may help down the road Wolf....

Cheers

Jeff

Looks great.  You've almost caught up with me.  I just haven't had the time to build much. I am puttering on an old Airfix Sunderland right now that will be a done in high speed silver and prewar markings as a ceiling hanger in my office.

I luv the port and start touch to the ammo feeds.

Nice work

Ron

Thanks Vandy 1 VX4..... I must say I am in complete awe of the talent on this site. I will say it is an incredible place to come, look and learn. I have my head almost full ( LOL) of great ideas and techniques, that if I had not been here to see I never would have thought of.....like getting a degree at the Large Scale Model University with Professor Wolf.

Jeff

Welcome to LSP Jeff.

Jeff, thanks for the kind words! If I can suggest one thing, loose the hesitation and dive in to the Mosquito kit. Unless you give it some love it'll only ever be a box full of plastic bits. Not only that, it's an incredible kit that you'll thoroughly enjoy building. Make it your own and have fun with it.

I look forward to seeing you WIP posts here.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Thanks Ron,

It only looks like I've come close to catching up with you. Everything fits so well it's all just "clicked" together for the photos. There's a lot more detail to figure out and add before the fuselage can be closed up. It's going to be another drawn out build I think...........

The port and starboard decals are part of the kit. I still have to add them to the back side of the chutes as well. I missed that on the instructions and wondered why I had extras on the sheet, LOL!

I haven't been following Non-LSP posts. Have you got your Sunderland build posted there?

Cheers,

Wolf

Flawless...I may never open mine.

Thank-you Rocky.

Never opening your Mossie kit would be an unfortunate mistake. Like I mentioned to Jeff, open it, marvel at Tamiya's incredible engineering, and build it! It's one of the nicest plastic model kits you could possibly buy!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Vandy 1 VX4..... I must say I am in complete awe of the talent on this site. I will say it is an incredible place to come, look and learn. I have my head almost full ( LOL) of great ideas and techniques, that if I had not been here to see I never would have thought of.....like getting a degree at the Large Scale Model University with Professor Wolf.

Jeff

I'm also in awe of a lot of the talent on this site. It truly is an incredible place to come to. Trust me though, I'm hardly a professor, more like another fellow student.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Shan,

Although, after checking out your Harrier and Tornado GR1 pics, I'd suggest diving straight in to your Mossie kit. You certainly don't need to follow my lead in any way, shape, or form! Wonderful builds Shan.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Shan,

Although, after checking out your Harrier and Tornado GR1 pics, I'd suggest diving straight in to your Mossie kit. You certainly don't need to follow my lead in any way, shape, or form! Wonderful builds Shan.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks for that boost of confidence Wolf, but nevertheless, i am enjoying your build. i definitely want to follow your lead on the mosquito. your build is just mind blowing.

do you intend to complete it as an aircraft just rolled out of the production line or an aircraft that has seen battle, weathering, battle damage and all?

Thanks for that boost of confidence Wolf, but nevertheless, i am enjoying your build. i definitely want to follow your lead on the mosquito. your build is just mind blowing.

do you intend to complete it as an aircraft just rolled out of the production line or an aircraft that has seen battle, weathering, battle damage and all?

She's going to be on the dirty side as opposed to freshly rolled out. 418 Squadron Mossies fought long and hard and as a result 418 Squadron (RCAF City of Edmonton) was the most successful Mosquito squadron in WWII. One engine will be exposed as if undergoing maintenance which also allows me to have the flaps extended. Shut down procedure on Mossies included retracting the flaps so unless it was being serviced, it was rare to see a parked Mosquito with flaps down. Got to keep it real ya know.....,,,,.,

Cheers,

Wolf