Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

What a build!! Wow!!

Cheers

Alan

I think I'll finally get back to it after my current Spitfire. I think I've got a handle on the mods for the underwing rockets now and I'm not so dismayed when I see her previously finished HK counterpart in so many pieces next to her.

Carl

Do we like this?

Yes, we do.

Alan, Carl, Don, thank-you very much! Carl, you're going to love going back to the Tamiya Mossie. When (if) Tamiya does a bomber version of the Mosquito you can replace the HK one with an even better build.

Cheers,

Wolf

Hello Wolf,

Tremendous build. I love the clean look of your paintwork - not as easy to achieve as you'd think. Everything about it is spot on.

Tamiya should run a version of this on their website... Makes me want to rush out and buy one!

Re. The detailing - I know everyone has a different take on detailing, but I'm definitely in the 'if you can't see it, then why bother?' Camp! But then I'm lazy :)

Looking forward to future updates.

Guy

Edited by Gisbod

Guest Peterpools

Hi Wolf

Brilliant work on the fuel bladders. As always, I'm amazed and in awe at the detail and finish. I found it hard to believe I just sat in front of my Mac, starring at the photos for such a long spell ... the weathering absolutely perfect for me.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Chuck. I actually had the Model Car Garage hose clamps in hand and cut from the pe fret but decided against it. It was a resource that I felt was a little squandered here as the fuel bladder assembly will never be seen again once installed within the bowels of the Mossie. The only way you'd catch any glimpse of the assembly is if you turned the Mossie on her back. Then you'd only see a wee bit of it as it'll be covered by both the cannon assembly but mostly the bombs and bomb rack. I figured the silver decal stripes would do nicely enough.

This whole area is a bit of a quandary. How much detail do you put in It? Do I potentially bog myself down with an area that will likely be forever hidden or do I succumb to AMS and do it 'cause it was there? I imagine there must be some middle ground, I just haven't settled on it yet. Will I regret it if I don't go all out? I just don't know. Plus, there are a lot more kits in the stash to do. :)

Cheers,

Wolf

BUT! we will know that they are not there! LOL

Wolf it is late to talk about the colour of the tanks that could varied from piece to piece. (pic. below)

mosqui7.jpg

Just wanted to pointed at the fact that the surface of them was very irregular and rubbery. That can be still recreated by layering clear coat over the surface of them with coarse brush. Wanna try ?  :punk:

feature07-12.jpg

Just wanted to pointed at the fact that the surface of them was very irregular and rubbery. That can be still recreated by layering clear coat over the surface of them with coarse brush. Wanna try ? :punk:

Martinnfb

No!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Wow Wolf...............you're painting skills are just awesome my friend :goodjob:

The Tamiya Mosquito kit itself is a real jewel, but i think once you tackled this kit it will be a stellar build :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

You got my attention mate :party0023:

Greetz

Danny

Thanks Danny, the kit is indeed a real jewel. It just begs for further detailing but how far do you go? That's always the part that buggers me up. Indecision and lack of resource material.............sigh.....

Cheers,

Wolf

I looked at the real tanks Wolf....

..they are not as accurate as yours...

That's funny Peter! If only I could make mine stink like aviation fuel eh?

What I need are photos of where the fuel coolant lines connect to the bladders and I need to know if the fuel coolant lines connected to one or both bladders. See, AMS kickin' in hard! Oh my...............

Cheers,

Wolf