Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Nose gun ammunition cans...........how to spend a lot of time working with very small pieces!

I've made a little bit of progress on Eduard's nose gun assembly. These parts are extremely detailed and the chains that prevent the locking pins from falling down and disappearing on the armourers are incredibly small. No way I could have worked with them without my magnifying lamp. :mental:

Eduard provides all the data stencil decals, chains, photo-etch, and as you can see, four separate ammo canisters as opposed to Tamiya's three piece ammo canister assembly. Eduard's set is a huge step up, detail wise, for the nose gun assembly. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Cheers,

Wolf

Ammo-cans-3_zpsugo9f2bs.jpg

Ammo-cans-2_zpshigcilpw.jpg

Ammo-cans-1_zpsl8is4hqd.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Those look amazing Wolf. My first thought was that you had completely gone to town on the kit ammo cases until I read your posting. 

I'd consider them but mine is all done. Well, the nose gun bay is. :whistle:

Carl

Sweet! (as usual).  Did you use Tamiya semi-gloss clear lacquer after painting, like you advised me to?  I am now a HUGE fan of the stuff, so thanks for the tip!

Thanks Chuck! I did indeed use Tamiya's semi-gloss clear as a final coat to seal everything in. I rarely use a dead flat finish anymore. The last coat is literally blushed on to give it a slight sheen just off dead flat. It looks way better in my opinion.

Cheers,

Wolf

Carl, ChuckT, Harv,

Thanks for checkin' in guys. Always a pleasure and it's great to have another set of eyes (or 3) to check my work and see if it needs any adjustment. That's one thing I really appreciate about the digital camera. It shows everything but sometimes it takes another viewer to catch something I have missed. The ol' forest for the trees kind o' thing.

Cheers,

Wolf

Man............... I'm so far out of my league......... wow,............... unbelievable attention to the finest details.... chains on the lock pins?? I can almost smell the cordite.......museum curators will want to check this thread so they can restore the real deal as accurate as this... awesome ........ I am enjoying this beyond words......and I, like everyone else, hang on each incredible update...... press on Wolf, old Chap.............

Cheers

Jeff

100% certifiably insane levels of realism and goodness..

tuning in here Wolf is like visiting the twilight zone - you think it's real, it certainly looks it......    but it just can't be...

it's a religious experience - a bit like witnessing a miracle..

I am off to wipe the drool from my person....

Peter

100% certifiably insane levels of realism and goodness..

tuning in here Wolf is like visiting the twilight zone - you think it's real, it certainly looks it......    but it just can't be...

it's a religious experience - a bit like witnessing a miracle..

I am off to wipe the drool from my person....

Peter

+1

I could not have said it better, incredibly lifelike!

Rocky

Gentlemen, thanks for all the kind words! Always appreciated.

Jaym, good eyes my friend regarding the cockpit floor. I traded my floor assembly for an untouched one. Eduard supplies a new bulkhead to which the ammunition canisters mount. It would have been impossible to remove the kit bulkhead from my floor without serious damage. My good friend Martin was kind enough to exchange the necessary parts.

Cheers,

Wolf

Gentlemen, thanks for all the kind words! Always appreciated.

Jaym, good eyes my friend regarding the cockpit floor. I traded my floor assembly for an untouched one. Eduard supplies a new bulkhead to which the ammunition canisters mount. It would have been impossible to remove the kit bulkhead from my floor without serious damage. My good friend Martin was kind enough to exchange the necessary parts.

Cheers,

Wolf

Martin's Mosquito it's building by itself, win-win situation LOL!

Exceptional work Wolf, let me know once you're in need of extra "clean " parts, like rest of the interior, bomb bay, landing gear etc. :)

Cheers

M.