Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

That is some top notch work Wolf. Let me ask you something. If You could go back in time and make a choice between Eduards set and Roy's (Barracuda ) ammo. feeds , what would it be?

Thanks

Martin

Good question Martin with no simple answer. Had Roy's feed chutes been available earlier I would probably have gone with those and not bothered with Eduard's set. Now that I've completed Eduard's cannon assembly, I have to admit it really adds a substancial amount of detail, which I like. Roy's chutes are also considerably less of a hit on the ol' pocket book so they have their own advantage. In the end, you can't go wrong with either one but if you're a real detail junkie you'll pay more, do more work, and go with the Eduard set. I certainly have no regrets.

Just so you know, I've ordered Roy's ammo chutes as well as Eduard's new set for the nose machine guns so I'll be able to give you my impressions of both sets once they arrive. :)

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Thanks Wolf, was sceptical before your side by side comparison.

Looking forward to more magic.......

Thanks Phil, the side by side comparison was the only way to show the real differences. As mentioned though, dry fit everything as you go to make sure you don't paint yourself in a corner during assembly, if you know what I mean

Cheers,

Wolf

beautiful work mate

Thanks Rich, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Wolf

Taking notes before I get mine started!  That's quite a difference in height to the weapons assembly...

Keep up the great work

Al

Thanks Al

I'm not sure what you mean about the difference in height of the weapons assembly Al. They're actually both identical in height otherwise one or the other wouldn't fit within the fuselage bay. Or did I somehow misinterpret your comment?

Cheers,

Wolf

They are. They're the guards that kept the rails/rockets from snagging the slipper tanks. Or is that the other way around? I can't solder for crap anymore so brass was out and they're easily to fragile to cast in resin. Aviaeology gives you scale plans for them in their decal instructions so I'll use plastic rod. At least I can bend and glue that stuff as I found out in my Ar 234 build.

Sorry for the sidetrack Wolf!

Yes sorry Wolf. So, have you heard any more from MDC?... Harv

No worries guys, nice to hear from both of you and thanks for lookin' in.

Cheers,

Wolf

Bigg Tim, ChuckT, Chuck, Harv, Dr. Mark, Chek, and Peter, thanks for checkin' in and for your kind responses!

One item I neglected to mention or photograph are the small "T" shaped fittings that secure the cannons to the rear mounting brackets. Again these are incredibly detailed and a pain to clean up of excess resin. If you look closely under a magnifying lamp you'll notice that their bases are at a slight angle. Not to noticeable without magnification......at least to me. When glued in place they lean slightly towards the rear. If you don't get the angle of the cut right you'll have another alignment issue to deal with. Have a good close look at them before removing them from their casting block and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers,

Wolf

Grea work Wolf. It makes me want to go out and purchase this kit. I'm still behind the curve on this kit :(

Thank-you Sir. You definitely won't regret getting Tamiya's Mossie!

Cheers,

Wolf

Stopping in for my weekly dose of modeling nirvana.

Now please excuse me when I go and stomp on my models. :)

Brilliant work, Wolf. As usual, a true tutorial in model building.

Thanks for checkin' in Ernie but please no model stomping! But if you do..........please send me your T-28 before stompment commences. Just sayin..,.........:)

Oh, and Ernie, isn't Nirvana next to Ohio? I thought I read that somewhere.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Great work Wolf and very informative.

To be honest, I think I will stick with the kit parts and replace the ammo chutes with Barracudacast stuff. The rest, I don't really see a big enough difference to justify the cash.

Others will have a different opinion, of course.

That's a really interesting photo!  We use that same fishing pole concept to hang the Multi-Point Refueling Systems (MPRS) pods on KC-135's.  It's a pain, and after 70+ years, you'd think the British would design a more efficient way to hang things on pylons...  ;)  The MPRS pods were also designed by a British company, in case you're wondering.

and one more showing the same effect.

500lb-bomb_large.jpg

Great work Wolf and very informative.

To be honest, I think I will stick with the kit parts and replace the ammo chutes with Barracudacast stuff. The rest, I don't really see a big enough difference to justify the cash.

Others will have a different opinion, of course.

Thanks Don. As I had said in my response to Martin's question about the use of Roy's chutes compared to Eduard's set. Had Roy's stuff been available before the Eduard set I would have been completely satisfied. The Eduard set however is a significant upgrade in detail over all the kit parts and addresses more than just the feed chutes. I don't regret having spent the money on the Eduard set. I've also just ordered the BarracudaCast chutes as well as Eduard's newest set for the Mossie's nose guns. It should be fun to do the comparison.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee