Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Thanks Kev!

Do you have this kit? If not, you gotta get it, man.......

Cheers,

Wolf

No, I don't have it. Our review sample went to K2. It's not a kit I can actually afford out of my own budget. But that's OK, as I'm loving watching what you guys are doing with it.

Kev

:BANGHEAD2:

This is where I take the measure of my abysmally poor painting skills ;).

Keep it coming Wolf :popcorn:

Hubert

Thanks Hubert. Regarding your painting skills, considering the work you've posted here, I'd suggest that there's nothing wrong with your paint work.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Wolf,

Your work continues to amaze me.  Always so precise and crisp with flawless painting.

One surprise, however, is that you didn't use some of those hose clamps on the rubber pipes from the Model Car Garage like you did on your Spit.  I've used this (your) trick many times since I first saw it.  You still can you know!  :whistle:   On the other hand, maybe the Mosquito had plain pipe clamps and you are trying to keep it more realistic?

Chuck

Hey Carl, thank-you Sir! Keep in mind, I'm only following your lead. You're going to have to get back to your Mossie..........soon eh?

Cheers,

Wolf

I think I'll finally get back to it after my current Spitfire. I think I've got a handle on the mods for the underwing rockets now and I'm not so dismayed when I see her previously finished HK counterpart in so many pieces next to her.

Carl

I've somehow missed this... glad I dropped in as there's some inspirational work on display.

Wonderful stuff, Wolf.

Tom

Thanks indeed for droppin' in Tom. Inspirational work, that's very kind of you!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf,

Your work continues to amaze me.  Always so precise and crisp with flawless painting.

One surprise, however, is that you didn't use some of those hose clamps on the rubber pipes from the Model Car Garage like you did on your Spit.  I've used this (your) trick many times since I first saw it.  You still can you know!  :whistle:   On the other hand, maybe the Mosquito had plain pipe clamps and you are trying to keep it more realistic?

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. I actually had the Model Car Garage hose clamps in hand and cut from the pe fret but decided against it. It was a resource that I felt was a little squandered here as the fuel bladder assembly will never be seen again once installed within the bowels of the Mossie. The only way you'd catch any glimpse of the assembly is if you turned the Mossie on her back. Then you'd only see a wee bit of it as it'll be covered by both the cannon assembly but mostly the bombs and bomb rack. I figured the silver decal stripes would do nicely enough.

This whole area is a bit of a quandary. How much detail do you put in It? Do I potentially bog myself down with an area that will likely be forever hidden or do I succumb to AMS and do it 'cause it was there? I imagine there must be some middle ground, I just haven't settled on it yet. Will I regret it if I don't go all out? I just don't know. Plus, there are a lot more kits in the stash to do. :)

Cheers,

Wolf