Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Wolf,

Lovely paintwork and attention to detail.

May I ask about your wash technique? It's very subtle and realistic.

Rich

Hi Rich,

My wash technique is really quite simple. I use a water soluble wash made by The Detailer. Their washes are available in a number of different colours but I primarily use a 50/50 mix of their black and brown wash. To this mixture I add a drop of dishwashing liquid as it breaks the surface tension of the wash and also helps with clean up. I thin this mixture with distilled water and use a fine brush to apply the wash were I want it. Any excess wash is removed with another brush dipped in clean water. I have great control with the wash this way. I can even feather the edge of the wash or create a hard sharp edge. For me, the stuff is foolproof.

Cheers,

Wolf

Love the different values in the leather-work.  Really nice.  Flares look the bomb!  Red faces on the IP buttons, nice detail.  Really good show, Wolf.

I like how the pilot's seat has been levitated.  What's on the back of the pilot's armor plate?  How did you get the white stripe on the red ball?  What was your process in making the radar scope?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark, always a pleasure hearing from you! I'm not sure what the large handle on the back of the seat armour is. Maybe an ejection seat device if the navigator thinks the pilot is playing silly bugger too much, LOL! I'll have to research that. The other item is the release for the pilot's harness. I still need to add the release cable that runs from the side of the seat bottom to the top of the release mechanism.

The thin white line on the undercarriage handle is from a sheet of pinstripe decal.

The scope of the GEE device was done by first laying down the kit supplied decal. The decal was then over-coated with thinned layers of Tamiya Smoke and finally a layer of Future for the high gloss finish.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Guest Clunkmeister

I was thinking the handle is a "chicken handle", Wolf... or a handle to enable the naviguesser to puke down the pilot's neck if he get's a bit too enthusiastic.

Man, your work always make me feel so inadequate. Your paint work is immaculate, so precise.  When I grow up, I want to build and paint like you

Matt  :frantic:

Kind words indeed Matt! I've seen your work here. Your building and painting talents are just wonderful! You're already all grown up my friend.

Cheers,

Wolf

I was thinking the handle is a "chicken handle", Wolf... or a handle to enable the naviguesser to puke down the pilot's neck if he get's a bit too enthusiastic.

It could be a flush handle for the pilot's relief container............... :piliot: You know how cranky they can get eh?

What's a chicken handle? Is that the last thing a chicken see's before the lights go out?

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Wolf,

That's an excellent rendition, as always you inspire and amaze.

Thanks Mark, always a pleasure hearing from you! I'm not sure what the large handle on the back of the seat armour is. Maybe an ejection seat device if the navigator thinks the pilot is playing silly bugger too much, LOL! I'll have to research that. The other item is the release for the pilot's harness. I still need to add the release cable that runs from the side of the seat bottom to the top of the release mechanism.

The thin white line on the undercarriage handle is from a sheet of pinstripe decal.

The scope of the GEE device was done by first laying down the kit supplied decal. The decal was then over-coated with thinned layers of Tamiya Smoke and finally a layer of Future for the high gloss finish.

Cheers,

Wolf

I am fairly certain the object on the rear of the pilot's seat is a small fire axe, used to assist in escaping. There is another on the starboard bulkhead in the nose, forward of the navigator's position.

Regards,

Edited by Kahunaminor