Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Wolf, I've been waiting for you to ge crackin on this bird... ever since your magnificent Spitfire I've been awaiting another masterpiece!

Cheers

Alan

Thank-you Alan, very kind of you. The wonderful thing is that the Mosquito kit is even more amazing than their Spitfire. Gotta love Tamiya.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank-you Chuck.

He he he.........it does look kind of cool and suspended in air doesn't it? I used a set of plastic forceps to hold the IP while photographing it. The forceps are a little ugly looking so I photoshopped them out. The result made laugh so I thought I'd leave it like that.

Cheers,

Wolf

You Devil. You are still a Modeling- and now photographic- wizard.

Wolf, I think next, we'll let you make one of your masterpieces out of a Testors Banshee kit :). Naaaaasty!

Well I did that in my youger years (it remains to decide whether it could be called a masterpiece, tough) ... Waaaaaaaayyy too easy for Wolf :) !

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

I've been slowly but surely working my way through the cockpit assembly on the Mossie, the operative word being "slowly". I was hoping to have the seat harnesses installed but I wasn't happy with the Eduard fabric items so I've ordered the RB Production ones from UltraCast. Most of the pieces are box stock but some have been tweaked to make them look a little better. As is my usual modus operandi data stencils were added by using either bits of Airscale data placards or bits and pieces of 1/48th scale F-4 Phantom white data stencils. I used lead wire for the piping at the base of the gun compartment and the wiring still needs to be added to the electrical boxes on the gun bay's rear wall. There's lots to do still in the cockpit, especially once I start running all the cables and wiring for the cockpit sidewalls.

This is truly a remarkable kit!

Cheers,

Wolf

Mossie-Pit-1_zpsqi8amhzq.jpg

Mossie-Pit-2_zpsniiu101z.jpg

Mossie-Pit-3_zpssat5bpk4.jpg

Mossie-Pit-4_zpsbmudzelv.jpg

Mossie-Pit-6_zps6blvwbyo.jpg

Mossie-Pit-7_zpsswytvsdq.jpg

Mossie-Pit-5_zpsu2pslnk9.jpg

Mossie-Pit-8_zpszw62z1tm.jpg

Mossie-Pit-9_zpsimlxj1rv.jpg