1/32 Italeri F-104S ASA "Spaghetti Starfighter"

DoogsATX

So yesterday I unexpectedly had a full day to myself, and spent most of it masking the F-104. Hard edge camo is just the worst.

IMG_20160103_203215-X3.jpg

Again using the black basing process, I added Gunze C309 Dark Green as the main marble coat, with some C12 Olive Drab and some other Dark Green (lighter, for JASDF aircraft) for some color variation. It didn't show up so well in photos...

IMG_20160104_012452-X3.jpg

Then, a blend coat of olive drab on the port tip tank, and a blend coat of C309 Dark Green on the 104 itself, and a lengthy mask-removal process...

And here's where it came out.

F-104%20Main%20Scheme%20Done-1-X3.jpg

F-104%20Main%20Scheme%20Done-3-X3.jpg

F-104%20Main%20Scheme%20Done-4-X3.jpg

F-104%20Main%20Scheme%20Done-6-X3.jpg

Edited by DoogsATX

Love the pin-stripe demarcation, panel lines, and texturing.  Check demarcation line port side OD windscreen front to radome.

Great stuff, Matt.  Always enjoy seeing your work, no matter the subject.

Sincerely,

Mark

Had some awaited paint show up yesterday, including the elusive Modern Italian Gray

IMG_20160106_200516-X3.jpg

So I was able to get the off-scheme tip tank painted up.

F-104%20Main%20Scheme%20Done-2-X3.jpg

Just a few things left now (canopy, fiberglass bit behind cockpit, AIM-9s etc) before I can move into decals and weathering.

Most definitely a nice clean finish with very subtle variation to it. Subtle; that is a word I have trouble with sometimes, as I normally go TOO subtle, and cover any cool work Ive done as far as color variations go.

I think Ill experiment with my OS2U as far as variations go to see if I can achieve that look on it, without carrying the over coat too far and covering my own work up.