Derek B

New 1/32 F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR.2) Phantom kit announced by HKM

Just while the subject of the unique UK Phantoms' Marconi fintop ARI 18228 RWR fairing has arisen, hopefully these photos found on Flickr can add another small helping of sometimes hard to find detail. It's off an FGR2 but FG1s had identical units.

46426770804_08d81b38ef_o.jpg

Note that the normally raw, brownish fibreglass covers on the leading and trailing edges have been removed, and that access to the internals is via the removable access panels on the port side only. The red and white chequers indicate the Phantom was once on the strength of 56 Sqn.

46426771404_325485a006_o.jpg

wow thanks for the infos and the pics guys! definitely we do need a Royal Navy 892 Sqn bird, it's sooo much beautiful.

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Just had some good news on the HK kit.  I'll post more when I get the okay.

That it's good news is good news in itself!

Lets hope the HK kit is all it's cracked up to be as we have all been waiting a long time for it. If it is likely to be soon then I won't do the F4J conversion I had planned. Do we know which squadrons will be covered decal wise? Any idea on dates and price yet, so I can put some cash by ready.

This is all good news to me. It may or may not be perfect, like any model, but not unlike the Lanc, I have NO problem w/them taking their time, or even re-designing things that need to be to make things more accurate. 

To me, the exterior shapes are ALL important, and things like cockpits, decals, wheels ect, ect, to me are very  secondary when compared to getting the overall shape right. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PhantomPhixer 892 said:

Lets hope the HK kit is all it's cracked up to be as we have all been waiting a long time for it. If it is likely to be soon then I won't do the F4J conversion I had planned. Do we know which squadrons will be covered decal wise? Any idea on dates and price yet, so I can put some cash by ready.

Well it really hasn't been "cracked up" to be anything other than a 1/32 Spey Phantom.  I hope and believe it will be an accurate representation of those aircraft.

It isn't remotely close to the point of knowing what the decal will cover, dates, or price.  And given the absolute vitriol that manufacturers face if they do announce dates and prices ahead of time, I'm strongly advising Neil not to announce either before the kit is ready to ship.

Edited by Jennings Heilig

On 2/24/2019 at 3:21 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

Just had some good news on the HK kit.  I'll post more when I get the okay.

they are finally gonna introduce a spares service ???

:rofl: