New 1/32 F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR.2) Phantom kit announced by HKM

Derek B

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2015 at 1:14 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

It is official, and Neil asked me to announce it.  So here it is:

HK Models is working on a 1/32 Spey Phantom kit.  Design work is well underway, with release sometime in 2016.

That's straight from the horse's mouth...

It's now 2020 and still no word as to when it will be available for purchase. Poor Jennings has been fielding questions as to why and when for some time now, (I am guilty of this as I worked on both of  the Royal Navy squadrons and would love a large version of my cab). I understand Jennings reasons for silence, but can I say that none of us that actually worked on them are getting any younger.

5 minutes ago, PhantomPhixer 892 said:

It's now 2020 and still no word as to when it will be available for purchase. Poor Jennings has been fielding questions as to why and when for some time now, (I am guilty of this as I worked on both of  the Royal Navy squadrons and would love a large version of my cab). I understand Jennings reasons for silence, but can I say that none of us that actually worked on them are getting any younger.

I know what you mean...…...tick tock, tick tock...…..Old Father Time is remorseless isn't he!!

Still, I think most of us have probably more kits than our life spans provide for, life can be cruel sometimes!!    :rolleyes: 

If anyone is holding their breath waiting for this release, I’d start breathing again.  If it ever comes out, it comes out.  If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.  Given that they still haven’t released the Do335 two seat trainer kit, I don’t see the Tomb coming out for years, if ever.

• 1 month later...

Your best bet might be to get hold of an aftermarket sheet for a smaller scale kit and use that to create masks or even your own home-made decals.  Almark makes some in 1/48, for example, which I found with a very quick search for '892 Squadron decals'.  You might not even need to acquire the decals if you can find an adequately high resolution image of a suitable sheet.