Derek B

New 1/32 F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR.2) Phantom kit announced by HKM

On 1/28/2019 at 4:39 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

I’ve pretty much given up on HK.  He’s spent so much time, money, effort, blood, sweat, and tears on the Lancaster, to the total detriment of a BUNCH of other projects (some of which haven’t even been announced), I’m not sure any of them will ever see the light of day.  He’s had a lot of problems with CAD designers being flaky on him, that I know.  But there are clearly other problems there as well.  My last three emails to Neil have gone unanswered over a period of many months.

Clearly if Jennings’ emails don’t get answered it must signal the end

:m0152:

7 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Clearly if Jennings’ emails don’t get answered it must signal the end

:m0152:

I don't think Jennings is self-aggrandizing; rather, he is suggesting that Neil is behaving uncharacteristically and possibly on a serious downer — hardly a laughing matter. 

Frankly, HKM might be better downscaling to 1/48. Would make far more business sense, and be less angst ridden if he avoids American fighter jets which get the red line annotating brigade super agitated. He wouldn't be far off the mark with a 1/48 Avro Vulcan.

Tony 

35 minutes ago, Tony T said:

.....he is suggesting that Neil is behaving uncharacteristically and possibly on a serious downer — hardly a laughing matter. 

I'm in regular contact and have had nothing telling me he's on a serious downer etc.

My contact is as regular as it has been for the last years, plus he has just had a well-earned holiday.

16 minutes ago, JamesHatch said:

I'm in regular contact and have had nothing telling me he's on a serious downer etc.

My contact is as regular as it has been for the last years, plus he has just had a well-earned holiday.

Good news, and very pleased to hear it.

Thanks Iain, You're not far from me, I'm in Somerset. Spent time at Yeovilton then squadron moved to Leuchars in Fife. I've done the 1/48 of 767 and 111 squadron, both as XT863 (150) and (G). She later moved to 43 squadron, but I haven't done that one yet. Just wanted to do my cab in larger scale.

23 hours ago, PhantomPhixer 892 said:

Thanks Iain, You're not far from me, I'm in Somerset. ......

Can I invite you along to one of our Wiltshire Modellers  meetings then? Iain and I, and a few others here are members, 3rd Thursday of the month, Pewsey Community Centre, 7.30pm? You would be more than welcome!

Tim

I fear that Tim’s been sniffing a bit too much of the resin fumes, as when I attend I go to the Pewsham Community Centre, Lodge Road, Chippenham, SN15 3SY.  Maybe there is a club in Pewsey too but I think you’d be seeing different people there. We do meet from 7.30PM onwards though.

As a veteran of a few model clubs, this is definitely one of the best I’ve attended.  Big range of talented people and everyone is very friendly.

Edited by Wegener

I dove into the stash today and decided to take a few pictures of the old Cutting Edge (WHA) Brit Phantom conversion. I do think it was a brave effort back then. Some of the parts needs some TLC for sure and you have to add the bits and pieces from the F-4J donor kit. 

I never got to build (perhaps I won't and sell it), but the kit could surely be a basis to work from for any company seriously considering issuing this iconic jet. This post just an impression of the parts, the second the decals (also a work of art).

314A649C-98C5-43BE-B0A3-35FC9612ADDD.jpe

7BA4822F-A803-4961-BB03-40EF87815CB6.jpe

C49BA26A-9FD0-4785-8CF6-C7F7CB196233.jpe

0A1E01B5-D9E4-4F90-9757-375EEB5A614D.jpe

04098D60-20A4-4CB8-8C8D-DA138D2EB55D.jpe

54369FAD-0DF2-4CDF-8D97-2420A571D655.jpe

924F354E-18F7-4276-8E88-4663D679690A.jpe

E4116E45-A41A-4750-AB5E-64EABFF4FA6D.jpe

A173F516-7169-459A-B666-0D8A3B21A65F.jpe

I got so close to getting one of those , CE died around the same time as my payment was clearing... I still  don't know if I'd have actually have built the model even if I had received it, decisions, Decisions...

Take care of that set ,

I have a terrible feeling that its the closest any of us are going to get to a 32nd Brit Phantom...

Edited by Scotsman