New 1/32 F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR.2) Phantom kit announced by HKM

Derek B

Thanks gents, for high-lighting areas I  for one have no doubt missed without your input.

Having said that, the necessity to re-scribe a panel line or two in the interests of commonality is small potatoes, now we've been given the benefits of your research and know what to look for. Hopefully the decal sheet will comply with all requirements (no pressure, Jennings!!!)

I hope Hypersonic will also oblige with scaled up M-B Type 5 ejection seats to match the early schemes

• 2 months later...

It's in the works. Neil hasn't given the OK to release any CAD, but I can assure you that it's spectacular.

I think it's still early to be talking about dates. I'd call it "preliminary design" right now. Still a very long way to go.

Thank you for the update Jennings, its an exciting project for sure and one I'm eagerly awaiting the outcome of :)

All the best

I was the Phirst to point out the angled back NLG on the FG.1 and that was conveniently deleted.

No sour grapes - they obviously are running a TOP SECRET affair on this and if it means a great kit I'm still first in the queue.

Wanting and waiting - should be delicious!

Tony

It takes only one pair of eagle eyes to draw attention to what some of us have seen for decades, (and is blindingly obvious when pointed out) but never noticed before, so thanks Tony .

Same with the rear empenage - as long as the gauge window was there, I didn't notice the panel line differences despite running my hands over a few airframes.

It's in the works. Neil hasn't given the OK to release any CAD, but I can assure you that it's spectacular.

I think it's still early to be talking about dates. I'd call it "preliminary design" right now. Still a very long way to go.

What bird or birds are being used as reference? 

There is a fully accessible airframe at the Wattisham museum along with an engine on a trolley.

http://www.wattishamstationheritage.org/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi again Jennings,

Will there be such a thing as a 'consultation period': when the CAD renditions are made available to modellers for criticism (in the literary sense) prior to any metal being irrevertably cut?

If so (and filtered properly by an informed panel), it may be both extremely helpful to the manufacturer and the beginning of a new era in miniatures design.