New 1/32 F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR.2) Phantom kit announced by HKM

Derek B

When the time comes and the dust settles, I'd like to see a comparison build of the HK kit and the Cutting Edge conversions.

I understand from Ted Taylor (RIP) that Dave Klaus invested a lot of time, energy, travel and money into his RR Phantom project but he still ended up cutting corners and producing less than the best he was capable of, or indeed demanding customers desire these days.

I laid out for a set of Dave's Brit tomb decals at many a pretty penny (as they might haves said in pirate days - aharrrgh), but have mainly ended up with about 10 more subjects than I'd ever want, and yet no stencils.

I was wondering what does it happen to all these expensive Wild Hare F-4K/M sets since we've never get one built... maybe are they collectors?

But one thing is certain: if I had to pay 600-700 Euros for one of these CE resin sets I would be afraid to open the box and work on it...

Edited by Luca

If it's shipping from Dunn Loring, that's Dave Klaus trying to dump them.  

I can give you pretty much a 100% guarantee that the HK kit will be far superior and more accurate, and a WHOLE lot less work.  And no more money will go to Klaus (sorry...)

Hey Jennings,

FYI, Just to clarify it is not Dave Klaus that has the kits for sale.    The seller is a friend of GTR, Kittyhawk, and many here on LSP, just will not post his name without permission.    You can buy with confidence if anyone has concerns.   As for the kit, we all know what it is.   

Glad to see that HK is stepping up.    We already have plans for intakes, cockpits, etc when the HKJ kit hits the shelves.   

gary

Not any more, and as it says on the Brit thread wonder how much the Cutting Edge conversion would be worth on ebay now? - if I had one it'd be up there already, going to be pretty much worthless in a few months...

I just sold 9 Cutting Edge conversion sets that have been collecting dust in my basement for years for the Tamiya F-4J & C/D Phantoms for $700 on ebay.