New 1/32 F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR.2) Phantom kit announced by HKM

Derek B

Not any more, and as it says on the Brit thread wonder how much the Cutting Edge conversion would be worth on ebay now? - if I had one it'd be up there already, going to be pretty much worthless in a few months...

Edited by Kagemusha

Of other interest in the belly shot - the Aux Air doors are deployed while gear is retracted...

I would have to check with those more in the technical know on the British Phantom, but I don't belive that the doors are necessarily only open when the undercarriage down on RR Spey powered aircraft. I suspect that other engine operating parameters may have an influence on these doors in flight as well, such as high power settings at relative slow airspeed, which is what you would expect as seen in the photograph as the aircraft approaches the top of its loop.

Derek

A bit of a curve ball, but was the NLG strut on the FG.1 angled back a tad - might just be 1-1.5 degrees - to partly compensate for the doubly-extended oleo ?

Probably just my imagination running wild.

I know the MLG are canted inwards by a degree or so.

Tony

A bit of a curve ball, but was the NLG strut on the FG.1 angled back a tad - might just be 1-1.5 degrees - to partly compensate for the doubly-extended oleo ?

Probably just my imagination running wild.

I know the MLG are canted inwards by a degree or so.

Tony

Good question T - I don't know the answer to that question, but I will see if I can find out?

Derek

The best selling sheets we've done were the NASA T-38s in 1/48, and the Vulcan in 1/144 and 1/72!

I am sorry. I always have take a look on 1/32 scale decals only. Now I´ve checked fundekals site again and discovered jets in other smaller  sacles there.

two of my books I have cover the brit F-4 very well.

The Osprey Air Combat F-4 k/M and the SAM Publ. overseas Phantoms

20151007_181919_zps6msvdchw.jpg

the Osprey book is one of my favorites...

Nice books Menelaos...I must get that Osprey book :speak_cool:

Derek

I too recommend Burns' wee tome on the Toom.

Missed SAM F-4 part 3, but I think I have digital files of the pit figs somewhere if they're needed by anybody. I also have partial interiors in photographic form of the FG.1 plus regular and twin-stick FGR.2 ~ albeit circa 1992 when the interiors had become worn like old armchairs.

Two I'd recommend are the Double Ugly publications twins covering Brit Phantoms 66-78 and 79-92. Expensive but luverly.

Richard Ward's Phantom Squadrons of the RAF and FAA, published by Linewrights/Ad Hoc, is also a good 'un, as is the PSL/Haynes book by Ian Black, Last of the Phantoms.

Oh, and the F-4 was semi-monocoque. The skin, including the panels, were load bearing. The airframe could be distorted if hoisted incorrectly without most of the panels in place.

Tony

I too recommend Burns' wee tome on the Toom.

Missed SAM F-4 part 3, but I think I have digital files of the pit figs somewhere if they're needed by anybody. I also have partial interiors in photographic form of the FG.1 plus regular and twin-stick FGR.2 ~ albeit circa 1992 when the interiors had become worn like old armchairs.

Two I'd recommend are the Double Ugly publications twins covering Brit Phantoms 66-78 and 79-92. Expensive but luverly.

Richard Ward's Phantom Squadrons of the RAF and FAA, published by Linewrights/Ad Hoc, is also a good 'un, as is the PSL/Haynes book by Ian Black, Last of the Phantoms.

Oh, and the F-4 was semi-monocoque. The skin, including the panels, were load bearing. The airframe could be distorted if hoisted incorrectly without most of the panels in place.

Tony

I need to get nearly all of the books you have mentioned Tony, so thank you for the advice.

I would be interested in those images if that is OK with you?

Thanks

Derek