Talking about a "Tamiya" option.....

Jack

There is alot that we are missing in 1/32, but Tamiya does what Tamiya wants. We can scream and yell all we want, but if they don't want to make it they wont.

I'd like to see 1/32 S3 or ES variant as well as a 1/32 EA6B but I'm thinking that if anyone is going to do it, it would be Trumpeter

It amazes me that Tamiya hasn't done an earlier Spitfire or Mustang, or even a later Corsair to reuse their molds in some way. Knowing that, they will release a P-47. I just hope it's a razorback.

Tnarg

How do you know they will release a P-47? Was it posted somewhere?

I just have a guess of a P-47. No special insight here, just a guess as to what they might do, and it's not even my favorite wish. That would be a Viggen, but that's not going to happen.

Tnarg

I still think if there is a new subject released, it will have crosses on it.  They have done the Meat Ball, they did two different Stars and Bars, and two different Union Jacks,  one would think the next will have crosses. Like a 109E or G type or a FW-190A or D series. 

Well if they go Luftwaffe the Bf 109E does offer loads of camouflage and marking options.  And if the Spitfire is tweaked to the Mk I configuration concurrent with the Messerschmitt release, we would finally have definitive  versions of the two BOB classics. 

Maybe even market it as a two kit combo like Revell did long ago.

Revell%252520G228-40000.jpg

OK, I know its not likely, but I like it...

I'm another one hoping for a Mk I version of the Tamiya Spitfire. I would buy two in a blink...then let my kids blow up my two Revell Mk II kits with firecrackers in the back garden...

Regards;

Steve

It really would be nice if they did the series of older Merlin engined Spitfires. A Mk.I/II kit and a Mk.V kit would just about do it - let the AM guys look after 'Trop' adaptions.

The old Revell/Hasegawa hybrid is still the most accurate early spitfire out there in this scale ... I share your wish!

Unlikely though ...

I'd tend to agree with DeanKB on the German front - with each release done to date, the probability of a Luftwaffe subject looms larger.

I doubt they'll go with an Fw-190 ... ZM is doing the complete range and their kits are getting better with each new release - a natural competitor for any Tamiya release of the same ilk.

So that leaves a Bf.109 or a Me.262 as the front running 'fighter' subjects (wouldn't it be interesting if I finally got my Do.17z, though??? :D )

Trumpeters got a decent Me.262 out there - so I hope it isn't that one ... and although there's plenty of Bf.109's out there F/G wise - No one has got the kit completely right, accuracy wise.

I also agree with Matt (Doogs) that a P47 is likely - given that they already have the engine moulds for that massive power plant for their Corsair series ...

One thing's for sure ... With Tamiya, they'll do whatever the hell they like!!

Rog :)

I doubt they'll go with an Fw-190 ... ZM is doing the complete range and their kits are getting better with each new release - a natural competitor for any Tamiya release of the same ilk.

I actually think it will be the 190, ZM's efforts on the subject will most likely not deter them from doing it, it didn't with the P-51

... One thing's for sure ... With Tamiya, they'll do whatever the hell they like!! ...

I actually think it will be the 190, ZM's efforts on the subject will most likely not deter them from doing it, it didn't with the P-51

You may very well be right Ron!! ... as per my last comments ...

Tamiya is one of those companies that produce such good products, they pick what ever they want to do - and it will sell well regardless.

I was simply theorising ... It would seem pointless (to me) for them to bother with the 190 market, though - now that both Revell and ZM are on that wagon.

Then again ... The same could be said for the 262 or the 109 ...

Wouldn't it be interesting if they set about doing another twin (from anywhere), though?