MINI BUDDY BUILD TA-152 H/E, Ernie, Paul,Rick, Martin

Guest Martinnfb

Guest Clunkmeister

LOL. I hope it comes off. The whole thing is just taped together now. Gluing it now... Yikes!

I'm worried about the tail, Wolf. It, along with the wing, was already built when I got it.

So, these are the two main fit issues on the kit, and I'll just need to suck it up and deal with it...

Edited by Clunkmeister

The fit of the tail shouldn't be too much of an issue Ernie. You could always glue small bits of card stock to the fuselage section to create a larger surface area to attach the tail. If the tail is too narrow, cut along the centre join line of the tail halves and spread the halves apart as needed. It will be easier to fit the tail than the wings if the wings weren't put together well. Either way you'll get 'er done Ernie. Not to worry.

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Clunkmeister

Yup, Wolf, I decided from the start that because there are plenty of potential pitfalls with this kit as it is, this will be a buttoned up, nicely painted shelf sitter.

That means the finish needs to be flawless, which means the tail gets lots of attention...

Wow, I just had another Tylenol 3 and and my injured foot is not injured anymore, two more pills like that and I'm walking on the water. Anyways. 

Wolf , don't ya know that all the major seam lines were taped, primed and  then placed on the shelf :) ok, not funny. 

I had a bright moment dedicated to this build, so I can finally present some progress. I had to rework the radiator cowling, cleaning a slot between the body and the flaps, and I had to also thin them accordingly . Then I slapped a blob of putty on the lower fuselage in order to make a base of the camera housing. Then scribing , riveting , sanding and the cherry at the top of the cace is a very thick layer of Tamiya white primer. This thing works like a charm and had a self levelling properties and it's also very easy to sand and polish. It was actually Wolf's idea, and it seems to be very effective and easy way how to expose all the3  ugliness and doodoos. thanks Wolf!

OK , picture time.

image_zpssxte1uzo.jpegimage_zpsapiwvnmx.jpegimage_zps55nwlxpy.jpeg

Well this so-call medication is kicking in, I think I may be related to Moses , very empowering :) so there we go with the next batch of pictures. Apologies for the lower quality the problem is not in your device. 

You can kinda see , how the white paint reveals all the sink marks and distressed la. skin. The housing is taking shape as we speak. For now it's all about the basic shapes and corrections related to the wing swap. Thank you for looking Guys.

image_zpsblat0xv6.jpegimage_zpspiuzmj1t.jpegimage_zpsywhaht5g.jpeg

Guest Clunkmeister

Awesome build, Martin. How does it feel to "take a trip and never leave the farm"?

There's a whole lot more work there than what you're showing us. Mating the Hasegawa wing to the ZM fuselage must have been "fun".

Awesome build, Martin. How does it feel to "take a trip and never leave the farm"?

There's a whole lot more work there than what you're showing us. Mating the Hasegawa wing to the ZM fuselage must have been "fun".

Thank You Ernie, the effect was only temporary, the pain came back like a Russian satellite.  I just had another pill (acetaminophen 300mg, Caffeine15mg, Codeine 30mg). Sofia was al over me and wanted to jump like a kangaroo . She totally knows how to make my life easy :)

Well there is already a few dozen hour invested in that model and I had to put it aside for a while, it is a story of backtracking and constant repairs. The wing was connected with aluminium rods and sealed together with a healthy doze of 5 minute epoxy. Consequently I ended up in the garage with an orbital sander in my claws , grinding a living snot out of it.

Nobody have done it before, so why to hesitate ?

Oh Jesus Martin.looks great, but so does cupcakes......Harv

.I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.....So as Ernie :)...........Me think me got cheap drugs, actually it was for free, a friendly nurse said , "Go and have some sleep". After I spent4 hour at the emergency, Why do they call it emergency anyways?

No Harv, Martin's it gonna be epic!

Epic in sense of helping to each other, with everlasting intellectual humour based on midgets, monkeys, substance abuse and the Bible :).  Ernie your Ghota build was the story of the year, I took every post as a bedtime story, you had us hooked on until the punchline in form of your crazy long trip to Oregon. Thank You for that Sir. You are the Man of determination and character . 

I already know for fact, that your "shelfie" build is going to be a highly presentable replica of this crazy glider. 

Edited by Martinnfb

Just a side note: A riveting diagrams produced by RV drawings , presented in 4+ publication,  are based on  190 wing that has nothing to do with an actual TA -152 design .  

Here is the correct one :)

2623523703_647dabf74b_o.png

Edited by Martinnfb

Guest Clunkmeister

Looking very very nice, looking forward to more as I am very interested in a purchase of this kit......never tried an SWS build and not really sure but I do love this aircraft.

Regards. Andy

The SWS kit is probably the closest you'll get to a mainstream kit. It's one of ZM's first efforts, so it suffers from more than a few fit issues and questionable engineering practices.

It's way, way over-engineered, to the point of ridiculousness, but if you're careful, it goes together ok,(at least so far).

The PCM kit is nice but has plenty of fit issues, and the Rutman kit is exquisite but many are scared of resin.

So buy one and join in the fun!