MINI BUDDY BUILD TA-152 H/E, Ernie, Paul,Rick, Martin

Guest Martinnfb

I am going to follow this one closely.  Looks like a good plan with great intensions, a support system and plenty of smart alecs from the sidelines. You all have identified the proper refreshments (good for drinking and cleaning plastic before paint is applied).

I greatly appreciate the photos and keep them comming.  This thread may just contribute enough incentive to complete my Rutman Ta-152.  The thing is sitting on the bench next to the shiney Sabre jet build and two alison engine mustangs.  BTW,  I usually drink wine during my builds (when I can get time for the hobby room).  Anything else contributes toward too many #11 blade wounds.

Rick

Hey Rick,

I'll educate you on Paul, Martin, and myself. We are smart alecs. We do this for fun, and I'll guarantee plenty of sideline chatter. Actually, we encourage it, sometimes even provoke it.

edit: 'AND WITH HARV'S HELP, MONKEY BUSINESS RULES THIS PLACE. We'd ask him to join in, but he's way to busy mashing the "like" button all the time.

If you need proof, read by Gotha build thread..... The model is in the "finished" category now...

However, this begs the point,...why sit still. Why not join in?

Martin is the king of all things 190, followed somewhat closely by Paul. Me, I'm a 190 newb whose more used to aligning biplanes and rigging lines than building a model of an actual modern airplane.

you'll see plenty of monkey business come off my bench, which hopefully will conspire itself into a reasonable representation of a Ta-152, and two works of art from a couple other very talented builders....

I have been watching all youse amigos. So I am pretty much clued in on the real deal. Nice job on the Gotha. Joining builds has been a jinx over the last two years. Work heats up every time it seems... but my Ta-152 would be a nice contrast to the ZM kits. (Argh, This means I would have to post photos). The kit is about 1/2 way done. Hand ringing done and I will go for it. I will open the box and take stock. Someone should change the title of the thread to 5X (plus what ever Harvy has to do with it).

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski

Here's a better shot of the panel. See what I mean?

I think once I give it a wash in dark gray, flatten it, then use future on the dials, things will look up some, but this is truly buried up in there, so it'll be hard to see anyway...

A489427B-5200-4AD7-BF89-AA20C5518B3F_zps

4B4A5A4A-D6DA-407C-A621-4FFA4382222E_zps

Quit whining and be glad you have time to build!  :rofl:

Seriously, as far as the  eduard color, once you put it in your "candle lit" display case you wont see much inside anyways.

I'm hoping my  building materials show up in the mail today so I can try and make some progress.

Skeeter

who hoo, just came back from the emergency room, after  4 hours, with a bruised foot and here we go,,,all kinds of development  

. Ernie is right ZM TA-152H kit is not a easy build. I would say, it's on the same level as Emil from MatchBox,  shallow detail, questanable  fit and little complicated breakdown .  I had to almost completely sand down the whole thing. Anyways, Welcome aboard Rick, do not worry about anything just have fun and  enjoy the ride. Harvey is our ideological supervisor,  taking care of the right attitude.

who hoo, just came back from the emergency room, after  4 hours, with a bruised foot and here we go,,,all kinds of development  

. Ernie is right ZM TA-152H kit is not a easy build. I would say, it's on the same level as Emil from MatchBox,  shallow detail, questanable  fit and little complicated breakdown .  I had to almost completely sand down the whole thing. Anyways, Welcome aboard Rick, do not worry about anything just have fun and  enjoy the ride. Harvey is our ideological supervisor,  taking care of the right attitude.

Darn. I bought it because it would be easier to build than the Rutman kit and/or I could use it for kit engineering examples. I am definitely using it as a source to complete the swine engine-wheel Bay Area. Could be disapointed or is this the usual whining phase at the start of the build?

Do as you wish, Sir. I like to post as I go. Others save up their post as put 'em all up in blocks.  This is very informal, no contest, just build at your own pace.

For me, this will be a semi quick build, if possible. I have a Ninak, a Salmson, an AEG, and a 105G staring me in the face, so for me, this is a 'blow off steam' build.

I toyed with opening the engine, but to me, that will spoil the long, sleek lines of this bird, so it's gonna be buttoned up.

I'll probably use a standing pilot figure, possibly getting in to the cockpit, and maybe a couple crewmen helping him get situated. Other than that, nothing fancy.

Paul is waiting on AM, Martin is rolling, and Nick's waiting on AM as well.  So go for it, start making resin dust...

I so hope that I am beyond making more resin dust. I should be at the stage of filling up the cockpit and detailing the wheel wells.  We shall see.

Rick

Guest Peterpools

Surely will be siting back in my easy chair and watching the adventure unfold. Of course, it now has to be the Four Musketeers.

Keep 'em coming

Peter