Tamiya Spitfire MK VIII: UPDATE: 12/9/15: FINISHED

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Tamiya Spitfire Mk VIII : UPDATE: 10/3/15: GETTING STARTED

I've been increasingly aware that my bench time has been dwindling over the passed months and surely I needed to find a project that would keep me at the bench, eager to devote what available time I had. I still had my Eduard F4B underway and while enjoying the build, it lacked the calling to keep me focused and working away. Looking over the stash, I found what the doctor had prescribed: The Tamiya Spitfire Mk VIII and I decided to give it a go mostly as an OOB build, simply going with what was in the box for the most part; what a novel idea. After the Viper's build, I knew I was not going to use the kit decals and purchased a wonderful set from Victory Models. I already had both the Barracuda replacement seat with the leather cushion back and their wheel set in house, as I purchased them with the kit. I was even going to give the PE seatbelts a go and just enjoy the journey.

Like almost every kit, the build started with the front office, on cruise control, flying through this stage of the build and enjoying every second. Not having to deal with resin substitute parts except the seat which was no biggie, I was amazed at how well all the parts fit (a Tamiya trademark) and even dealing with the PE Sutton harness was a none issue. I stayed the course and kept on moving. Paints were Tamiya, Model Air & Mr Color (for the interior bare aluminum), colors as per the instructions. Light weathering, my calling card with Apple Barrel Dove Gray for dry brushing and panel lines highlighted with MIG Black Panel Line Wash.

So far, thoroughly enjoying the the Spit and no question; a breath of fresh air.

Next up, the tail feathers and wing.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

untitled_zpsja0jeuvw.jpg

untitled-2_zpspnxley2e.jpg

untitled-3_zpsdktf1pu2.jpg

untitled-4_zpsvjroomd7.jpg

untitled-5_zpsnxumldi2.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Craig

It wasn't too far back I built my first Tamiya Spit with all the AM goodies. Just enjoying this build OOB and following Papa Tamiya's lead. Jump in and enjoy the Spit ... just can't go wrong with a Tamiya kiy

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Kev

Just a pleasure to build and I'm now finding the bench has become a magnet, drawing me into the cave.

Peter